Blue Jays claim Nolan Reimold

xian4

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is why Dan Duquette is Dan Duquette and the Keep Reimold-ers are not.

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/sports-story/4629316-blue-jays-put-reimold-on-dl-recall-gose/

No, if Dan thought that way why would he have tendered a contract in the first place? They were under no obligation to do so.

My feeling is they didn't want to risk the heat of DFAing Young while his numbers were good.

No, if Dan thought that way why would he have tendered a contract in the first place? They were under no obligation to do so.

My feeling is they didn't want to risk the heat of DFAing Young while his numbers were good.

I believe they felt the likelihood of Nolan staying healthy was nonexistent and chose to go with Young instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe they felt the likelihood of Nolan staying healthy was nonexistent and chose to go with Young instead.

Why did they tender him a contract in the first place then? You think the mild groin pull that caused him to miss a couple rehab games was the turning point?

Why did they tender him a contract in the first place then? You think the mild groin pull that caused him to miss a couple rehab games was the turning point?

They tendered him a contract to see how his comeback would go while also simultaneously evaluating Young, Lough, Pearce, etc...all of which were complete unknowns when they tendered him a contract. When time came to have to keep him or Young, then I think Nolan's risk of reinjury added to Youngs, Pearce's performance and wanting to keep Lough as CF backup led to letting him go. Tendering a contract didn't happen in a vacuum and it didn't mean they were guaranteeing him a ML roster spot.

They tendered him a contract to see how his comeback would go while also simultaneously evaluating Young, Lough, Pearce, etc...all of which were complete unknowns when they tendered him a contract. When time came to have to keep him or Young, then I think Nolan's risk of reinjury added to Youngs, Pearce's performance and wanting to keep Lough as CF backup led to letting him go. Tendering a contract didn't happen in a vacuum and it didn't mean they were guaranteeing him a ML roster spot.

I am just saying, if the injury risk was the primary factor then they wouldn't have tendered him the contract and wasted 500K plus all the time on him.

They knew exactly where he was physically when they gave him a ML contract (remember Young got a MiLB deal).

I am just saying, if the injury risk was the primary factor then they wouldn't have tendered him the contract and wasted 500K plus all the time on him.

They knew exactly where he was physically when they gave him a ML contract (remember Young got a MiLB deal).

I feel bad for you due to Reimold's injury as you planned to post about what a mistake it was for us to let Reimold go every day for the next three years.

I have no idea why the Orioles signed Reimold before the season. I said it was a waste of a million at the time. But I was wrong. Thanks to the Blue Jays the team only wasted 500k. I thought Reimold should have retired two years ago. He has serious back problems he shouldn't be playing competitive sports. He is like a person smoking 2 packs of cigs a day...he has no concern for his future we'll being.

I feel bad for you due to Reimold's injury as you planned to post about what a mistake it was for us to let Reimold go every day for the next three years.

I have no idea why the Orioles signed Reimold before the season. I said it was a waste of a million at the time. But I was wrong. Thanks to the Blue Jays the team only wasted 500k. I thought Reimold should have retired two years ago. He has serious back problems he shouldn't be playing competitive sports. He is like a person smoking 2 packs of cigs a day...he has no concern for his future we'll being.

How can anyone even begin to take you seriously when you consistently post factually incorrect information?

Oh wait, no one does.

Did you also think Manning should retire?

Poor Nolan. I would have released Lough-and that is why I am not GM:) I would have recalled Berry if we needed a backup CF (jones plays almost every inning so saying we need a backup CF is just silly).

I hope he can stay healthy once he is back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor Nolan. I would have released Lough-and that is why I am not GM:) I would have recalled Berry if we needed a backup CF (jones plays almost every inning so saying we need a backup CF is just silly).

I hope he can stay healthy once he is back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks do realize that, for now, this is a minor strain? Weams has the Jays releasing him and I think others have him out for the year.

This sounds more like what bothered him during his rehab just the Jays were not in a position to sit him on the bench.

How can anyone even begin to take you seriously when you consistently post factually incorrect information?

Oh wait, no one does.

Did you also think Manning should retire?

Personal attack when you are proven to be totally wrong again. Classy.

How was I wrong?

Nolan didn't hurt his back. You claimed he did.

That is a pretty basic factual error.

If you can't even get the basics right...

I thought his neck bone separated from his back bone. Anyway the "no one does" is the attack. And you are wrong for continually claiming Reimold being released was a mitstake which is pretty comical. A guy with zero WAR in the last five years and who is never healthy.

Archived