Rockies LHP Jorge De La Rosa Just say no!!!!

Greg

Oh it won't happen. We are just speculating.

I think the Rockies value him too much to dump him.

Yep. I think the Rockies want to bring him back, or at least attempt to. At the very least they would extend him a QO. So whatever we give them would probably have to be of greater value than the QO, which would be a serious overpay.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. I think the Rockies want to bring him back' date=' or at least attempt to. At the very least they would extend him a QO. So whatever we give them would probably have to be of greater value than the QO, which would be a serious overpay.[/quote']

Maybe we can send Ubaldo back to the Rockies for him. I was thinking just the other day if Dan would think about putting Ubaldo on waivers and then if someone claims him letting him go so the other team has to take that salary and then trying to sign someone this off season. The move would be similar to what the Jays did with Alex Rios.

Maybe we can send Ubaldo back to the Rockies for him. I was thinking just the other day if Dan would think about putting Ubaldo on waivers and then if someone claims him letting him go so the other team has to take that salary and then trying to sign someone this off season. The move would be similar to what the Jays did with Alex Rios.

When no one claims him, you get to release him and eat thee whole thing. Until August 1. They you can try revocables. Which we will.

When no one claims him, you get to release him and eat thee whole thing. Until August 1. They you can try revocables. Which we will.

I thought it was August 1st because Rios was let go in mid August or was Toronto going to just release him and pay him if the Sox didn't sign him?

That wouldn't make sense. Colorado isn't going to trade him at bullpen value. They are going to charge us starter price.

Which is why i think it makes no sense. Yeah we maybe interested in him as a bullpen guy but will want to pay him for that while the Rockies will want to get starter value for him.

He has been lights out vs lefties the last 4 years though so if you can get him colorado to take reliever value he would atleast make some sense.

Archived