vs. Mariners 7/27

weams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many thanks, the home runs are of particular importance in this discussion as well. I'm reminded of a weams thread (cant remember the name) on a home run strategy. We have a low OBP build and play in a small park, so Schoop's better power (in my opinion) is more important than say Flash's slightly better OBP.

Schoop has yet to homer at home, so I'm not sure the BP factor matters. His OPS+ is 59, and its not like we're trying to hide one bad bat, we're trying to hide several. I believe Flaherty would be more valuable than Schoop THIS year, maybe not going forward, but we have too many automatic outs in the lineup right now.

Billy appreciates your technical knowledge and all but my old school eyes say he's a .220 hitter and that stinks.

Oh there are times in the game thread here where I get enraged at his pathetic at bats and call him such. = ) Paul Blair hit .250/.302/.382 and about 9 HR a year (yes I know he's not Paul Blair as it stands and different positions.. just pointing out defensive value). He'll get there.. just maybe not this year.

o

Gonzalez has managed to scatter 10 base-runners (8 hits and 2 walks) over 6 innings for only 1 run ......... all while throwing only 90 pitches.

We get breaks. It might not seem like it, but we get our share of breaks.

Oh there are times in the game thread here where I get enraged at his pathetic at bats and call him such. = ) Paul Blair hit .250/.302/.382 and about 9 HR a year (yes I know he's not Paul Blair as it stands and different positions.. just pointing out defensive value). He'll get there.. just maybe not this year.

billy's orange and black heart hopes so

Archived