Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not interested in an enigma. I am married, I have enough enigmas in my life. If you acquire Cosart who will you remove from the rotation? What does it take to get him? EdRod + what?

I think that he works great for our future. Stuff is stuff. He could be useful.

I'd been fine with going after him in the right deal had they not already gotten Hundley. But, unless they don't think Joseph will hold up over two months, there's absolutely no need for Suzuki, so I'm cool with it.

It's why I hate 2 month rentals.. if you don't win it all right now (highly unlikely for any team) you have yourself in a huge hole.

The Sam Fuld trade makes such little sense. They have a guy named Shane Peterson in AAA likely to give them a similar if not better result:

SAC PCL .318 108 434 77 138 31 3 8 72 199 50 111 11 2 .389 .459 .847

He does win the World Series and it was worth it - but these deals will be remembered for a long time if they don't at least play in the World Series.

I think that he works great for our future. Stuff is stuff. He could be useful.

So you are suggesting we trade for him and put him in AAA? We better be moving some arms in the off-season. Norris and MGon are going to be traded I would think.

The Sam Fuld trade makes such little sense. They have a guy named Shane Peterson in AAA likely to give them a similar if not better result:

SAC PCL .318 108 434 77 138 31 3 8 72 199 50 111 11 2 .389 .459 .847

He does win the World Series and it was worth it - but these deals will be remembered for a long time if they don't at least play in the World Series.

Yeah, I'm baffled with that trade.

I'd been fine with going after him in the right deal had they not already gotten Hundley. But, unless they don't think Joseph will hold up over two months, there's absolutely no need for Suzuki, so I'm cool with it.

I agree.

only reason to be interested in Suzuki, was if Hundley was shipped out as part of a package.

So you are suggesting we trade for him and put him in AAA? We better be moving some arms in the off-season. Norris and MGon are going to be traded I would think.

Yeah. I like Cosart. I am not playing GM here. I just like the arm. Have for many years.

Archived