Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

I look too long term to be able to do a fair risk analysis.

Knowing what the AL East is like doesn't make you look a little shortsighted at times? This may be a time, a time for a team to make it's destiny a la Vito Corleone. I'm a long term guy myself. And just a fan, like you. I guess we will see what happens.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are some options outside of Beltre we could look at that might pass waivers? I really don't see DD dealing Bundy and any deal for Beltre would include Bundy. I think he would roll with what we had before dealing Bundy+ for Beltre.

And as others have said, there has been no real indication that Beltre would be traded. I'm sure they would have to be wowed by an offer and the O's aren't really in the position to wow anyone with trade offers at the moment.

Davis at 3rd and Pearce at 1st. I don't think we lose more than 10% doing that.

And that's 10% of 1/3 of our game! MINIMAL!

I wanna win the World Series but at the same time I wouldn't wanna win it without Manny. He's a huge part of our team. Future star... And even a future hall of gamer as some have predicted. If not this year... Let's hope we take it next year.

Manny may have only had half a season, but he was on a 5 WAR pace in his playing time this year. He knows he contributed to our success, and he'd be there in support when we recorded that last out in that last game and took it home. I'm ready to win it, we're all ready for the O's to win it... and you can bet that he surely feels the same. :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manny Machado definitely out for year; confident he'll be ready by <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> 2015 spring training. Made decision last night to have surgery</p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="

">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How soon before AJ starts taking grounders at 3B? We could play Lough in CF with Jones at 3B. Sound crazy? Paul Blair played 2B for the Yankees in the World Series and Mickey Stanley moved from CF to SS for the Tigers for the last 7 games of the season and the World Series '68, even though he'd never played there before. Talented athletes are often asked to take on major challenges in the post-season.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manny Machado definitely out for year; confident he'll be ready by <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> 2015 spring training. Made decision last night to have surgery</p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="

Yeah... that's what he said THIS ST!!!! How'd THAT work out for us?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Orioles have played .573 ball (47-35) this year when Machado starts at 3B and .591 (26-18) when someone else starts there.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">August 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

That's a strength of schedule fluke.

Overall Opponent winning % in the games Manny missed = .491

Opponent winning % in the games Manny played = .509

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manny Machado knew weeks ago he needed surgery but did everything possible to avoid it. Knee just never got better. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manny Machado knew weeks ago he needed surgery but did everything possible to avoid it. Knee just never got better. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="

Weeks ago? The injury occurred what 10 days ago?

Archived