Mandatory metal detectors at Camden Yards

crowmst3k!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's up with this?

I've never been scanned at Orioles games before, and now this is happening at every gate.

It slows the entry to the game to a crawl, and it's a bit unsettling.

Any word from O's brass as to why this has been recently implemented?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10329689/metal-detectors-required-mlb-parks-2015

mandatory for all teams by 2015. Its a MLB decision.

the NFL has also already gone to this too as well as no purses and clear bags.

I guess too many wackos out there and they are just trying to be safe.

MLB Metal Detection Policies or: how to ruin getting walkup crowds in 1 easy step.

Beats having a Columbine, Sandy Hook, Navy Yard, or any other recent event where innocent people were gunned down.

If something had happened, God Forbid, I bet you, all the posters would be online, firing away, how stupid the MLB was, to ignore the risk and pretend it would never happen to them

An Algerian soccer player was recently killed by a rock thrown from the stands after a match.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2173607-js-kabylie-player-albert-ebosse-dies-after-being-hit-by-object-during-match

We've all heard the stories about stuff being thrown from the stands at US sports events, so I'm surprised it's taken until now. I remember having to go through checkpoints at Dodger Stadium for several years after 9/11. Annoying, but you get used to it.

Yes. I think they should also make everyone wear nets over their heads because getting stung by bees can be just as dangerous, if not more so. I really don't care about my rights getting taken away, just as long as I am not late for the game.

Nobody likes the changes to the Airline Industry since 9-11, but people like even less, to bury friends and love ones.

Sidenote -- I travel a lot and have been approved for TSA precheck about 8 months ago. This is probably the best thing ever. I would hope they would open this program up to less frequest flyers as it makes the whole security process at an airport feel relaxed.

Sidenote -- I travel a lot and have been approved for TSA precheck about 8 months ago. This is probably the best thing ever. I would hope they would open this program up to less frequest flyers as it makes the whole security process at an airport feel relaxed.

Good tip. It makes a huge difference.

Oh boy...:rolleyes:

I know the NFL does it, it's one reason I often skip going to NFL games. They're such a hassle.

I'd rather take my chances.

I still enjoy going to Ravens games. I just know not to try to enter the stadium 20 minutes before kickoff. I'm usually in my seat at least 45 minutes early; arrive early, avoid the rush, and getting through the gate really isn't that big a deal.

Beats having a Columbine, Sandy Hook, Navy Yard, or any other recent event where innocent people were gunned down.

If something had happened, God Forbid, I bet you, all the posters would be online, firing away, how stupid the MLB was, to ignore the risk and pretend it would never happen to them

I never fire away at stupidity. I do not believe that you can properly assess risks to deter them well enough to be effective.

Archived