vs. Twins 8/30

weams

We're waiting for something to happen. Bill Murray is always happening.

"At one point during dinner at a steakhouse, one guy goes to the bathroom downstairs and sees Bill Murray sitting with some people with a fishing vest on. We talked to the waiter to see if we could send him some drinks, to which Bill declined. One of my buddies then went down and asked if he'd come up and say a few words for EJ and got a 'No thanks.' My buddy comes back up dejected and tells us it's not going to happen. Two minutes later, Bill Murray walks into the room and gives this speech."

Murray says to the group, "You know how they say funerals are for the dead, not for the living? Bachelor parties are not for the groom, they're for the unmarried."

He then goes on to give sound advice to the rest of the group who hasn't gotten engaged yet. "If you have someone that you think is The One, take that person and travel around the world. Buy a plane ticket for the two of you to travel all around the world, and go to places that are hard to go to and hard to get out of. And when you land at JFK, and you're still in love with that person... get married."

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"At one point during dinner at a steakhouse, one guy goes to the bathroom downstairs and sees Bill Murray sitting with some people with a fishing vest on. We talked to the waiter to see if we could send him some drinks, to which Bill declined. One of my buddies then went down and asked if he'd come up and say a few words for EJ and got a 'No thanks.' My buddy comes back up dejected and tells us it's not going to happen. Two minutes later, Bill Murray walks into the room and gives this speech."

Murray says to the group, "You know how they say funerals are for the dead, not for the living? Bachelor parties are not for the groom, they're for the unmarried."

He then goes on to give sound advice to the rest of the group who hasn't gotten engaged yet. "If you have someone that you think is The One, take that person and travel around the world. Buy a plane ticket for the two of you to travel all around the world, and go to places that are hard to go to and hard to get out of. And when you land at JFK, and you're still in love with that person... get married."

I remember reading that. Great advice.

This is why he's the MAN!

Bill Murray attends Austin's SXSW festival and hangs out with Wu-Tang clan.

He shows up with them at the bar Shangri-La and insists on bartending, only serving patrons shots of tequila. No matter what they ordered, he pours them a lot of tequila.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fwwEGjGbxXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived