Jimenez getting booed on Sunday.

Snutchy

Actually, I would have booed Billy Rowell if I had seen him stink up the field also, But only highly paid minor leaguers, not earning their keep.

So definitely Hobgood, right? Now what if they're having one bad game? Say Cruz goes 0-4 tonight. Ok to boo?

What if my boss makes errors in a report he does? Should I boo him?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find they respond better if you wait and call them out in a meeting instead. That way they can get immediate feedback from their superiors.

Hahaha. The number of times I've wanted to do that is immeasurable. So,entires I'll steer the conversation in that direction just for S&G's.

I wouldn't say a word to you. I hardly find you worth the time at all to respond in this forum in many circumstances I'm sorry to say. But there are many others who have stated the case far better than I could have and are disarticulating any attempt at a feasible argument you may have had.

I do believe I would enjoy it more than a little if you were to say something to me at a game because you didn't like the fact that I shook my head in response to your juvenile booing of our own players.

In fact, I know I would.

Let me make one thing clear, and that is I rarely if ever DO BOO any Oriole player. Only in extreme cases. In fact, during the losing years I never booed anyone because the teams were so bad, it was normal for them to ALL pretty much suck. It was almost a rarity to have someone to cheer for. The last time I think I would have booed an Oriole player (prior to Ubaldo) would be Michael Gonzalez that crappy reliever/closer with the ridiculous fall away delivery and similar to Ubaldo, we way over paid for. The thing is, he did seem like he would at least get mad at himself for sucking and looked like he was trying his best and actually did get straightend out a bit after blowing a bunch of games early on in April. The problem with Ubaldo, is he seems to be getting worse!

Let me make one thing clear, and that is I rarely if ever DO BOO any Oriole player. Only in extreme cases. In fact, during the losing years I never booed anyone because the teams were so bad, it was normal for them to ALL pretty much suck. It was almost a rarity to have someone to cheer for. The last time I think I would have booed an Oriole player (prior to Ubaldo) would be Michael Gonzalez that crappy reliever/closer with the ridiculous fall away delivery and similar to Ubaldo, we way over paid for. The thing is, he did seem like he would at least get mad at himself for sucking and looked like he was trying his best and actually did get straightend out a bit after blowing a bunch of games early on in April. The problem with Ubaldo, is he seems to be getting worse!

Ah, so....

So definitely Hobgood, right? Now what if they're having one bad game? Say Cruz goes 0-4 tonight. Ok to boo?

Absolutely not. I rarely ever have booed any Oriole player. Last one I would have booed was Michael Gonzalez. I wouldn't even have booed Kevin Gregg. I only boo players who were A) overpaid AND B) Royally suck and are hurting the team repeatedly. I have booed the Ravens when they stunk up the field and the game was over by halftime but that only happened once.

My point is... booing YOUR OWN player is not just lame... But given UB's prior success and the fact that we may need him this year - it shows that a large number of fans here are ignorant. Not only do you have to pike onto a player who knows he is struggling... But his teammate, coaches and manager have to defend hi when they should be celebrating another win.

Booing your own adds no value... And actually hurts your team. Why do it??

Like I have said I wouldn't boo Jiminez as he is not pitching in important situations anymore but you can boo your own to show your displeasure to the manager for playing them. Just like fans in Oakland did to Jim Johnson. And he was released eventually. Like I have said I do to think the manager should be able to come on the field at all much less to yell at the umpire which is much worse than some drunken fan booing Jiminez.

What about minor leaguers? These guys get paid very little. Should we boo them too? Should you only boo if they make more money than you do?

I would not boo a minor league player unless he did something off field like dog fightingor some other heinous crime.

You should use your judgement. But he there might be repercussions.

Like I have said I wouldn't boo Jiminez as he is not pitching in important situations anymore but you can boo your own to show your displeasure to the manager for playing them. Just like fans in Oakland did to Jim Johnson. And he was released eventually. Like I have said I do to think the manager should be able to come on the field at all much less to yell at the umpire which is much worse than some drunken fan booing Jiminez.

Yeah, I have actually booed more at the manager for leaving someone like Michael Gonzalez in too long, more so than the pitcher himself. Especially in a situation where the manager clearly could have seen he was getting lit up.

Archived