vs. Red Sox 9/21: Regular season OPACY finale

PaulFolk

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I’m wondering if Roy didn’t have such close ties with Mayo’s family if he wouldn’t be lobbying so hard for a call-up.    I agree with SG. I’d like to see more patience at the plate. Not sure where it went but sometimes they remind me of the swing happy groups from the Jones/Trumbo eras. Those teams were always boom or bust, capable of putting up double digits one night and double digit strikeouts the next. 
    • Anthony Servideo is on a little heater.  2 doubles and 2 homeruns in May to bring him up to .250, .337, .434 for an OPS of .771.  It's nice to see him have some success after injuries and disappointing performance in 2023.
    • I'm glad that O'Hearn and Hyde got thrown out last night.  That umpire was terrible. As I've said before, the Orioles hitters collectively have above average strike zone judgment.  They are likely disadvantaged by inconsistent umpires, and perhaps also by umpires that are consistent but have idiosyncratic strike zones, although it may be that having good strike zone judgment would also help hitters adapt to idiosyncratic strike zones better.    There's also the conspiracy-theory hypothesis that the umpiring community has never forgiven the Orioles for Roberto Alomar spitting on John Hirshbeck and so they are consistently biased against us.  
    • Excuse me!?   There is absolutely no trolling in my response.  Povich's S% was not good last night - YOU look at that FACT yourself.  The point was made, and backed up, with 7 hitters to begin the game he fell behind 1-0.  13 or 14 overall.  All FACTS. What a ridiculous response from you.
    • The quick promotion to AAA already had my attention, but I had no idea about the cutter. Those spin rates on a cutter are insane! No wonder AA hitters couldn’t touch him.  That’s absolutely the profile of a guy who could be a dominant RP with 70%-90% cutters and an upper 90s fastball as the “change of pace.”  If he can fill up the zone with those two pitches he’s going to be very exciting. 
    • So a 26 yo RHP 6'2" 200 lbs. 2019 Draft class Round: 12, Overall Pick: 348 out of West Virginia.  Interesting. @Tony-OH it looks like he just got on your radar. 
    • My point is that several posters, including myself, found the thread title misleading.  A lot of us know that the OH can be trusted as a source of credible news and opinion.  If you want to erode that trust, one really good way to do it is to slant your thread titles as a cheap attention grab which is clearly the case here.  In the end it's an annoyance and little more, but you got some worthwhile feedback on this.
  • Popular Contributors