vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/26

OFFNY

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

I'm going to be an optimist, and say that if Tillman can throw at least 2 more shutout innings (he's only at 64 pitches after 4 innings), it will be yet another example of him finding a way to make AT LEAST a decent start out of what looked like might be a disaster.

It seems like he has done that numerous times this season.

When he's on his game, he's nearly unbeatable, and when he's not on his game, he still finds a way to be at least average.

I don't think Davis -> Pearce is that big of a deal either. However the CD suspension directly relates to whackadoodle (and largely unsuccessful) defensive infield (mostly left side) we've been putting out there.

Lol, wackadoodle. (I prefer the no H spelling in my wackadoodle) It's been bad but remember Flaherty has been kind of moved all over because of Hardy being injured. If he gets settled at 3B he'll be better than any other option. And don't forget how bad Davis was with the bat. Flaherty could very well end up being one of those PS wunderkinds that goes nuts with the bat. A la Marco Scutaro.

I'll take the solid glove work and production from Pearce though for now.

o

I'm going to be an optimist, and say that if Tillman can throw at least 2 more shutout innings (he's only at 64 pitches after 4 innings), it will be yet another example of him finding a way to make AT LEAST a decent start out of what looked like might be a disaster.

It seems like he has done that numerous times this season.

When he's on his game, he's nearly unbeatable, and when he's not on his game, he still finds a way to be at least average

His mental toughness and ability to go deep in games makes him the obvious #1. I remember the bases were loaded against the Red Sox and he made the perfect pitch and didn't get the call. Next pitch he K's the guy anyway. I read SOSH during the game and even the Red Sox fans there were amazed by that.

Archived