Markakis on 2nd, 1 out, Jones at the plate....

HobCreek

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In one game against Milwaukee, the Brewers had the tying run at second base when Donie Bush happened to look out to right field and see Williams swinging his imaginary bat. But this time, his glove wasn?t even on. It was lying on the grass next to him, a useless appendage. Bush stopped the game, sprinted out to Ted, and yelled, ?What?s the idea! This run means the ball game!? Not to worry, the Kid replied. ?That guy never hits to right field" from The Kid, by Ben Bradlee, Jr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But did he ever kill a man with an oar?

Didn't think so.

Anyone can kill people with a jet fighter.

To lump Adam with those other examples is a insult to your intellect.

I am just talking about the relationship between strikeouts and power, nothing else. Your argument is that he would hit fewer homeruns if he struck out less, but that is simply not the case for the truly elite hitters.

I am just talking about the relationship between strikeouts and power, nothing else. Your argument is that he would hit fewer homeruns if he struck out less, but that is simply not the case for the truly elite hitters.

Would depend on the definition of elite you are using.

But did he ever kill a man with an oar?

Didn't think so.

Anyone can kill people with a jet fighter.

That biography is the best baseball book I have ever read. Ted's fighter jet crash landed on his first Korea combat mission and it was a miracle he was not killed.

I never compared him to Pujols on steroids. Whoops. Did I say that?

Archived