Brian Roberts to retire

auzzy98

Just semantics, as you know. I would say he played for the Yankees this season.

Anyway, maybe next season (2015, although by your system it would be 2016) he can throw out the first pitch in game 3 of the ALDS or something.

As of yesterday evening there is no more "this season" just last season and next season. :(

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He played for the Yankees last season. If by doing good things for the O's you mean dragging down the Yank's offense and defense then I guess you have a valid point.

And don't include me in your "we". I wasn't excited about how he looked in 2013.

And if you don't want to get into a debate, don't post obviously incorrect information...fyi

What incorrect information are u referring to? And It's still THIS season FYI. This is the 2014 mlb baseball season happening right now. Last years season was 2013 when he played for the Orioles. I remember tons of people saying how great he looked. Was looking strong, fast and bat speed was back. That's fine, you don't have to be one of the "we" but it was true. There was a ton of buzz about it.

I'm usually not one to criticize other people's posts but this is ridiculous. The man got hurt. It might not be an injury you can see, he didn't have a cast, a brace or a surgery scar but concussions are real and they basically ended his career. To basically downgrade his character by saying he lost his drive because of the losing is unfair.
Was he talking about the concussions or was he talking about Brian lollygagging to first on routine grounders? Brian was doing that long before he hurt himself.

This. I'm a pretty fair guy. The head injuries were really unfortunate. But losing desire was very evident, avoidable and preceded his injuries.

edit: it's strange to be defensive about my original post, which was more intended to draw attention to the player he had been, which was very good and I didn't think was being appreciated enough. Ah well.

Well he did go and play for the Yankees. :mad:

I'll wait a year before I wear that Roberts shirt again.

I don't blame him at all here, and I wish folks would stop blasting him for half a season's mercenary work with the Skankees.

We did not want him back this year, and he had one potential employer interested in him this season. ONE.

It's not a betrayal, it's a man who wanted to work in the job he loves. Seriously, to the "Brian Roberts stabbed us in the back" contingent: What else was he supposed to do if he wanted to play this year? :rolleyestf:

I don't blame him at all here, and I wish folks would stop blasting him for half a season's mercenary work with the Skankees.

We did not want him back this year, and he had one potential employer interested in him this season. ONE.

It's not a betrayal, it's a man who wanted to work in the job he loves. Seriously, to the "Brian Roberts stabbed us in the back" contingent: What else was he supposed to do if he wanted to play this year? :rolleyestf:

I don't blame him for going to the Yankees at all. I just wish he had went 5 years earlier or retired 5 years earlier. He was never healthy enough to play untl his contract was ending then suddenly healthy again.

Seriously, though, why are we even talking about this when it's just come to light that Trea wrote a whole series of crackpot articles for Eutaw Street Report. Am I the last one to find out?

http://eutawstreetreport.com/author/jonathanfrench/

I didn't know. Looking at the link he hasn't written much lately. I guess it's harder to sell wacky theories when things are going well. Teams don't usually fire their hitting coach mid-season, and even guys with talk shows on 50W AM stations at 2am don't advocte for firing them when you're 12 games up in the AL East.

Archived