You know what really grinds my gears?

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question to everyone here: If an 8 year old boy living in the Baltimore area picks the Yanks to be his team, without having his father or family steering him in that direction, is he jumping on the bandwagon?

I say yes, and just hope he grows out of it in the next few years.

Question to everyone here: If an 8 year old boy living in the Baltimore area picks the Yanks to be his team, without having his father or family steering him in that direction, is he jumping on the bandwagon?

I say yes, and just hope he grows out of it in the next few years.

I guess, although he's only 8 so how can he be blamed considering that's what he sees on TV, you know. Great question though.

I guess, although he's only 8 so how can he be blamed considering that's what he sees on TV, you know. Great question though.

He can be blamed a litte bit.;) Remember that he'd see the O's on local tv quite a bit.

The age of the person does not change the action, it does change the understanding of the action imo.

He can be blamed a litte bit.;) Remember that he'd see the O's on local tv quite a bit.

The age of the person does not change the action, it does change the understanding of the action imo.

True, but if he sees what the Yankees usuallyt do to us, it could sway his choice. I have taken my kids to a few O's games already and they will grow up Orioles and Tar Heel Fans.

Also saw this article from the Raleigh News Observer...

http://www.newsobserver.com/122/story/536797.html

But as much as the referees butchered the call, Clemson has to share some of the blame.

For one thing, Purnell really should have done more to turn the clock issue into a military tribunal. In fact, he should have had a "WWGD" moment -- What Would Gary (Williams) Do?

The officials would have put 4.4 seconds on the clock over Williams' cussing corpse. For fans near ground zero, eyebrows would have been charred and folks 40 rows back would experience some degree of eardrum pain.

Hahahaha gotta love it!

Because their the state school and the major college sports team in Maryland. That's like asking me why I root for the O's more than the Baysox. And I do root for those teams, just don't pay attention to them, and it's pretty hard to pay attention to them since their not on TV or radio, don't get much press anywhere. What would you like me to do, follow the team through little blurbs in the Sun?

Sorry, this is not even close to being comparable with you picking Duke. Why can't you just admit you jumped on the bandwagon? You may have had good reasons to do so, but jump you did.

I have said many times that i rooted for Duke because they were winning when i started watching.

Lol, comparing UMBC and Loyola to dook is so funny I don't know where to being.

Wanna talk semantics? The University OF Maryland -- it is the flagship school of the Maryland system i.e. the school that represents the state we are from. I'm from Howard County originally. I suppose I should root for the intramural HCC sports teams? Oh wait, they aren't DI.

The fact is, if you're from Maryland it makes sense to root for the state school -- the University of Maryland. If you start rooting for dook when they were good and have stayed with them that is hopping on the bandwagon. I'm somewhat similar with the Lakers as I idolized Kareem and Magic back in the day and they became my team. It also didn't hurt that Baltimore did not have an NBA team. As I grew older and went to more Bullets games they grew on me but I never lost my Laker allegiance.

Lol, comparing UMBC and Loyola to dook is so funny I don't know where to being.

Wanna talk semantics? The University OF Maryland -- it is the flagship school of the Maryland system i.e. the school that represents the state we are from. I'm from Howard County originally. I suppose I should root for the intramural HCC sports teams? Oh wait, they aren't DI.

The fact is, if you're from Maryland it makes sense to root for the state school -- the University of Maryland. If you start rooting for dook when they were good and have stayed with them that is hopping on the bandwagon. I'm somewhat similar with the Lakers as I idolized Kareem and Magic back in the day and they became my team. It also didn't hurt that Baltimore did not have an NBA team. As I grew older and went to more Bullets games they grew on me but I never lost my Laker allegiance.

The situations aren't comparable but the bottom line is you root for MD and not UMBC and Towson(and no MWeb, it is not like rooting for the Baysox because we are talking the same level, ie D1)because they are a high profile team that can win championships and are on TV and have national exposure.

Even though most of you probably live closer to Towson, UMBC or Loyola.

Why? It's not like dook has been bad for an extended period of time since he started rooting for them. He is a bandwagoner but at least he admits it.

I could have started liking the Terps when they became good and said, well it is my state school, so i will root for them.(you know, using the faulty logic you guys use)

Archived