Trade Schoop?

vab

I recall a couple of game winning hits by Schoop this year, one of which was in Tampa and I believe he got another one against Boston.

Schoop isn't being depended on as the cleanup hitter. at this point, he is at the bottom of the lineup for a reason, to take the pressure off him.

You do realize he hit 16 home runs and drove in 45, while at the plate this year?

I do realize that.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then, striking out less, should increase his power numbers and production at the plate.

It shouldn't be unrealistic to see him in the 25-30 HR range, and he matures as a MLB hitter.

I never said it wasn't unrealistic, would be great to have the next Cano for sure. It's just tough to watch now. especially when we are in a position to win it all

There may not be any technical difference, but when you can bank on Schoop striking out or doing something dumb at the plate when we need that one rbi to win the game it's a big difference. Every player does this too, i know that, but i have confidence in Schoop doing it

Guess which American League hitter led the league in strikeouts?

(Schoop was 31st [fourth on the team])

It's 2014 I would think folks would be over the stigma associated with the strikeout.

I am much more annoyed by all the weak connect Schoop had in the middle of the season.

Strikeouts don't bug me, until they get in the 185+ range.

It's a part of the game, the pitcher is paid to pitch and get the hitter out, and the hitter is paid to try and hit the ball.

I know some are in love with the walk, but me personally, I would rather have a hacker up there trying to make contact, then a guy sitting at the plate watching strike three with the ball on his shoulders, trying to draw the walk.

Just a hunch here but something tells me being a league leader in strikeouts and 2nd to last in the Majors in walk rate isn't the way to go.

He was 31st, how is that a "league leader" ? He was fourth on the team and the O's, as a team, didn't strike out that much.

Yes of course he needs to work on his pitch recognition.

I know some are in love with the walk, but me personally, I would rather have a hacker up there trying to make contact, then a guy sitting at the plate watching strike three with the ball on his shoulders, trying to draw the walk.

I would much rather have a guy with a plan at the plate taking strike three on a pitch he knows he couldn't hit, than watch some hacker up there swinging at everything hoping to make contact and ending up with a .250 OBP. We're 100+ years past the era where guys wore stubby little mits, fielding percentages often dipped below .900, nobody hit homers, and it was always in your best interest to put the bat on the ball.

It's not "in love with the walk," I'm just in love with hitters not getting out.

It's not "in love with the walk' date='" I'm just in love with hitters not getting out.[/quote']

From that viewpoint, a walk is better than getting an out.

I was poking fun at those that believe a walk is better than a hit.

I can live with Strikeouts, like Drungo correctly pointed out, when the hitter executes a good plan at the plate.

I just dont like excessive strikeouts.

I "hate" the double play far worse than the strikeout, and the DP can quickly kill a rally.

He was 31st, how is that a "league leader" ? He was fourth on the team and the O's, as a team, didn't strike out that much.

Well... okay... not THE league leader, but he's up there. Much higher than 31st if he had gotten the same # of plate appearances that most of those guys on the list had last year.

He'd be up in the 150-170's I think with only 16 BBs to show for it.

Archived