Report: Bedard Seattle-Bound

Peace21

In addition to this, does anyone think the Mariners have a good shot at signing him longterm?

It's been said he wants to be close to his home in Navan, therefore Toronto is his supposed destination in FA as he'll only be 300 miles away.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been said he wants to be close to his home in Navan, therefore Toronto is his supposed destination in FA as he'll only be 300 miles away.

I have heard this as well....and for the Orioles to trade him for Jones and the rest of this package, things (knock on wood) could not have worked out better. In my opinion, if Flanny and Duq were still here, there is no way possible we would have scored this kind of deal. We may have likely still receieved Jones, Sherril, and Tilman, but I do not believe the 4th and 5th players would have been added. And Bulter and Mikolio (sp?) seem to be alot more than throw ins! Agree/Disagre?

I have heard this as well....and for the Orioles to trade him for Jones and the rest of this package, things (knock on wood) could not have worked out better. In my opinion, if Flanny and Duq were still here, there is no way possible we would have scored this kind of deal. We may have likely still receieved Jones, Sherril, and Tilman, but I do not believe the 4th and 5th players would have been addedd. And Bulter and Mikolio (sp?) seem to be alot more than throw ins! Agree/Disagre?

Agree, or he would be a Met by now.

Now that is an obscure one, well played

I believe this was George making fun of Jerry in the Schmoopy episode, but I'm guessing. Of course, the Schmoopy episode was really "The Soup Nazi" episode.

You are correct.......and as for Angelos, I think we would all say " You're pushing your luck little man!"

AM: All these young players we are getting for Bedard are a write-off for Seattle.

PA: How is it a write-off?

AM: They just write it off.

PA: Write it off what?

AM: Peter, all these big teams, with good minor league systems, they write off young, talented players all the time to compete for titles

PA: You don't even know what a write-off is.

AM: Do you?

PA: No, I don't.

AM: But they do. And their the team writing off their good young players.

I have always been an O's fan due to the fact that Wash. DC hasn't had a BB team since 72' when the Senators left, but this is funny. The O's + the Skins are screwing things up. I think Angelos is not admitting that Dan Snyder is one of his unwed children somehow, someway. Can't the O's get this thing done already?

I think some people watch way too much television....:)

There is no such thing as too much Seinfeld. It was one of those shows that no matter how many times you have seen an episode, no matter what you are doing, you just kind of fall in love all over again like you are watching it for the first time. After a tough Orioles loss, just seeing Kramer sliding through into Jerrys appartment, is enough to make you temporarily lose the anger and rage you have just accumulated!!

If AM will hold out just a little longer, I bet he can get the pigman added.

HAHA classic, I also believe if Putty worked on Bedards plane, then we would have already had an announcement that the trade was completed.

When interviewed following the report that he was the mechanic on the runway responsible for Bedards plane finally getting en route, David Putty had this to say "Just supporting the team"

There is no such thing as too much Seinfeld. It was one of those shows that no matter how many times you have seen an episode, no matter what you are doing, you just kind of fall in love all over again like you are watching it for the first time. After a tough Orioles loss, just seeing Kramer sliding through into Jerrys appartment, is enough to make you temporarily lose the anger and rage you have just accumulated!!

Absolutely. I don't think I could ever get tired of that show.

HAHA classic, I also believe if Putty worked on Bedards plane, then we would have already had an announcement that the trade was completed.

When interviewed following the report that he was the mechanic on the runway responsible for Bedards plane finally getting en route, David Putty had this to say "Just supporting the team"

I just heard on XM that somebody saw Roger McDowell spit on Bedard as he was walking towards the stadium for a press conference. It bounced off Bill Bavasi's wrist before striking Bedard - not once- but twice. It was apparently one magic loogy.

I agree, Seinfeld just put me in a good mood. That and Sideways :):):)

Archived