Report: Bedard Seattle-Bound

Peace21

Here's some more info from the Seattle Times' blog:

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/mariners/

UPDATE (12:21 p.m.): A baseball source has just confirmed that Erik Bedard's plane is scheduled to land in Seattle shortly. His physical will begin later this afternoon but -- get this -- will likely take place over a two-day period. That means (groan!) a news conference won't be held until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. Possibly not until Saturday. My girlfriend, Amy, will not be happy about that one. They'd better make it an early deal because we have Valentine's Day dinner reservations (I'll be in Peoria already by the 14th) that night and we aren't cancelling. I don't care how good this Canuck pitcher is.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sun consistantly provides the worst coverage of the Orioles, though they have covered this Bedard story pretty intensely.

Still I wouldn't expect any less...

Do you really think that Bedard's arrival in Seattle is worth an article? It received a couple paragraphs only in the Times. It's just not that interesting. This is going to happen. Ridiculing the Sun for not reporting that Bedard is in Seattle seems trivial. I'm sure they feel beyond reporting every single little detail.

Do you really think that Bedard's arrival in Seattle is worth an article? It received a couple paragraphs only in the Times. It's just not that interesting. This is going to happen. Ridiculing the Sun for not reporting that Bedard is in Seattle seems trivial. I'm sure they feel beyond reporting every single little detail.

They've been saying he isn't in Seattle for the past week so one would think they would be interested in reporting he is finally there. Roch would at least put it in his blog...

No matter, the news is reported now, I could care less who breaks it...

Sun is now reporting that Bedard is in Seattle, and an announcement won't come until tomorrow at the earliest:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-bedard207,0,7467653.story

@ Bummer ... I would think Bedard resigning is very real!

"I don't want to be in the spotlight," Bedard told the Sun Media recently

Was wondering if anyone caught this ... I guess it would preclude the Yanks,Mets,Dodgers,Red Sox, !!!

We'll see what happens when the Yankees and Sox are both throwing 140 million dollars at Bedard and the most the Orioles or Mariners or any other mid-market team will offer is 100-110 million... Funny what an extra 30 or 40 million dollars can do to someone who "doesn't want the spotlight." :rolleyes:

We'll see this in action next winter with Tex. Hopefully he misses crabcakes and football more than following Don Mattingly's footsteps or staying in the ATL.

Murton, Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal

That is a very solid deal. If AM gets these deals done, I'll be very excited overall with the 3 packages received for Tejada/Bedard/Roberts. I think we as fans will have to remain patient, watching these youngsters grow, but at least there will be a renewed enthusiasm as we look toward the coming season and seasons to come. :)

Archived