"I'd take them over any other group in baseball..."

Moose Milligan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jake Renshaw??

How did we get Jake Renshaw? MiLB.com shows him as being in the Cubs system having pitched for the Single A Peoria Chiefs. Same guy? Different guy?

Did we get him in the Trachsel trade? I thought we only got Moore and Cherry. Was there another deal I missed?

There was a clause in the trade that said if the Cubs made the playoffs, the Orioles would receive a 3rd player. We got Renshaw around October 10th.

Glad to hear an outside opinion that jibes with what I've felt was true. Add Gallagher and Veal to that mix and it's utterly ridiculous.

Now if only we had the hitters to match....

Veal, yes. Gallagher wouldn't be in that group, though.

I love this group of kids and am surprised to see they didn't get a little more love from BA in their organizational rankings.

Nice comments by the scout.

I wonder if it's worth asking if the scout believes our minor league pitching is better than any group in baseball or just the AA and A staffs?

Sorry to be anal, but there's a difference and Roch did not clarify.

He just said A and AA, but that would be a good question. Not sure if we have the 1 stud ace to make us #1 in bezbol.

Nice comments by the scout.

I wonder if it's worth asking if the scout believes our minor league pitching is better than any group in baseball or just the AA and A staffs?

Sorry to be anal, but there's a difference and Roch did not clarify.

I'd wager a guess that he's talking specifically about the AA/A staffs. There are a couple of arms that could make a jump and turn into legit front-line talents.

Well, if Tony is right and Penn, Patton and Liz all start the year in AAA, that's a pretty good collection of talent.

I don't remember saying that I think all three will start the year in Triple-A. Actually, I expect at least one to make the rotation with Penn being the front runner IMHO. If they are all in Triple-A to start the year it will mean either the Bedard trade did not go through, or all three had terrible springs.

I don't remember saying that I think all three will start the year in Triple-A. Actually, I expect at least one to make the rotation with Penn being the front runner IMHO. If they are all in Triple-A to start the year it will mean either the Bedard trade did not go through, or all three had terrible springs.

Sorry, I meant Olson, not Penn, as shown on the depth chart (Olson, Liz, Patton). Senior moment there. And I realize that any of those guys could wind up in Baltimore. Maybe Gallagher too if the Cubs deal goes through.

He just said A and AA, but that would be a good question. Not sure if we have the 1 stud ace to make us #1 in bezbol.

I think this is what we are lacking as of right now. A STUD or two would make this collection of pitchers best top to bottom (or at least top three).

We need Erbe, Tillman, Beato, Liz to step up...maybe a couple of them?????

Am I missing someone?

As always, '*' denotes a lefty. Also, their age is as of April/08.

This is a good group of '25 and under' starter talent...

Matt Albers (25)

*Adam Loewen (24)

Radhames Liz (24)

*Garrett Olson (24)

Jason Berken (24)

Hayden Penn (23)

Tim Bascom (23)

Jake Arrieta (22)

*Troy Patton (22)

Chorye Spoone (22)

Jake Renshaw (22)

David Hernandez (22)

Brad Bergeson (22)

Pedro Beato (21)

Chris Tillman (20)

Brandon Erbe (20)

*Tony Butler (20)

*Zach Britton (20)

That list above this post is absolutely scary now that this Bedard trade has gone through. While I wished for a Dodgers trade, the return value makes me smile, especially after we absolutely stole the farm away from the M's.

For those lucky OH'ers going to Spring Training, I hope you take note and watch these guys compete their butts off for rotation spots.

Now, lets regroup and focus on rebuilding the offense within the organization through the draft. Go Jordan Go!

Going to be very fun following the minor leagues this year. There have been times in the past where certain games, particularly in the upper levels, weren't really worth paying attention to, as there we no decent prospects to follow. Even though our positional talent is still weak, we at least know that every night, at every level, there will likely be a solid prospect pitching.

Archived