Calling it now Orioles will go into Panic mode

Greg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that it is more likely that posters on fan message board will go into panic mode.

This. Dan likely knew he was gone when he held his ground to only giving him 3 years. He would have been happy to bring him back if Cruz was on the market for a while and then lowered his expectations, but if not they were ready to go a different direction.

Have a Snickers dude. What I see out of this is another sorely needed first round pick and not paying $14 million to a 39 year yr old DH.

Exactly, $14 million for next year and maybe even 2016 are fine. It is those next two years that Seattle might really regret. We'll be glad he isn't on our books then.

Dan was always more likely to re-sign Markakis than Cruz. It's been clear from the first day of the offseason.

What is an overpay in your opinion?

You know why cause Nick is cheaper.

Idk if this sounds like I'm panicking but I'm all for resigning Markakis right now and trading for Matt Kemp, gotta replace that power somehow

Taking on the contract of Kemp or trading lots of good talent just to have him DH sounds like panicking to me.

Idk if this sounds like I'm panicking but I'm all for resigning Markakis right now and trading for Matt Kemp, gotta replace that power somehow

What are we going to trade for the LAD to eat most of Kemps salary?!?!... He's not worth giving up a top prospect or yet Norris++.

I have always been saying for us to move on from Cruz and Markakis, I just hope they are not planning on waiting until February to replace them with AAAA fodder.

Archived