How About Giving Dan Some Time Before Questioning His Offseason Plan?

TonySoprano

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hired the right people and gotten out of the way.

Why is it the FO when we win, but the Owner when we lose?

In all fairness, DD was only hired when their first few options turned the nob down. They also only turned to Buck when Girardi turned them down. It was a great devine intervention, but Buck and Dan wasn't his first choices.

In all fairness, DD was only hired when their first few options turned the nob down. They also only turned to Buck when Girardi turned them down. It was a great devine intervention, but Buck and Dan wasn't his first choices.

The Orioles turned to Dave Trembley when Girardi turned them down in 2007, not Showlater.

The Orioles went with Showalter after Bobby Valentine turned them down in 2010.

I think if Ubaldo continues to be terrible.. in two years, everyone will have a different view of last off season. Unbaldo was not a steal, or good signing by any means, and has a chance of being way worse than whatever positive Cruz was. Think of it this way...the Mariners just got 4 years of Cruz for not much more than we paid for 4 years of Ubaldo......

I think if Ubaldo continues to be terrible.. in two years, everyone will have a different view of last off season. Unbaldo was not a steal, or good signing by any means, and has a chance of being way worse than whatever positive Cruz was. Think of it this way...the Mariners just got 4 years of Cruz for not much more than we paid for 4 years of Ubaldo......

Last offseason we got Cruz and Ubaldo. Cruz helped lead us to the ALCS and also earned us a supplemental first round pick in 2015's draft, all for 8 million bucks. In four years that players could be a starter for the Orioles.

Regardless of how Ubaldo turns out (and I still think he'll be better than what we saw last year) I don't think there is any way that 2014, season or offseason, will be looked at poorly. The ONLY way I can see that is if Wieters, Davis, Kakes, etc all leave and Duke says "we couldn't afford to keep them due to Ubaldo's contract." And I'll go on record as saying we will never see that quote!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette said De Aza has been a very similar player to Markakis the last 3 seasons.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette also said mike Yastrzemski has similar skill set to Nick. Just needs more time</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette: There are internal replacements for Markakis, mentioned De Aza, Lough, Pearce. Said Dariel Alvarez, Mike Yastrzemski are in minors</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It sounds like the O's are leaning toward filling the vacancy internally. Duq mentioned Dariel Alvarez, Mike Yastrzemski and Alex Hassan.</p>— David Wilson (@DBWilson2) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It sounds like the O's are leaning toward filling the vacancy internally. Duq mentioned Dariel Alvarez, Mike Yastrzemski and Alex Hassan.</p>— David Wilson (@DBWilson2) <a href="

Then he better have one hell of a plan to replace Cruz.

Archived