Okay so WHO do we spend the money on???

mskrulz

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When he was with the team he was the worst. I know small sample size but he Playing in the American League should drive his offensive numbers down and he won't provide much offensive WAR being a DH.

He score 48 runs last season and 34 the year before and 53 in 2012. He isn't going to produce much and is a waste of serious money. If he wants a minor league deal than fine but obviously he is not.

"Playing in the American League should drive his offensive numbers down".

Is that a thing?

2016 will be more interesting with Wieters, Davis, Pearce, De Aza, Norris, and Chen all FAs.

Not too many big ticket FAs either: JUpton and Heyward, but not too much else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't have to worry about 2016 decisions. The current MO of the team's management seems to be: if he's a FA, then let him walk. They all can be replaced.

Bruce and Morales (Morse would work too but I feel like he did not leave a good impression in 2013) and finding some higher upside pitching like Masterson or maybe try to get Leake or Latos in the deal with Bruce and dealing guys like Norris and Gonzalez for younger pieces.

I won't be surprised if De Aza, Lough, Pearce and Jones are our outfield. And I don't think that's a bad thing at all.

I think the biggest chunk of money will be on a new DH. Either Morse or Morales. I expect some depth signings and maybe a bullpen arm. I think they'll take that team into the season and use the additional payroll flexibility to acquire players as salary sumps midsession like de Aza last year.

Also, might be a good time to see if we can work out a Tillman extension.

Archived