Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

That is bunk IMO. Peter has controlling interest and the investors are, what 12-15 people who are beholding to Peter for the increase in their shares over that last 20 years. Peter can do pretty much anything he wants with the O's management structure.

Doesn't matter if Peter has controlling interest in "stock". The way the Orioles are set up, they need approval from all (Board which Peter heads). That means they need 51% to agree on the board.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't matter if Peter has controlling interest in "stock". The way the Orioles are set up, they need approval from all (Board which Peter heads). That means they need 51% to agree on the board.

Just because I am right does not mean I am not beautiful.

Or The owner is lying.
Now, I can quote Angelos with the best of them, but do you believe he is lying in this case when it would be proven to be such in the short term? There is no room for misinterpretation or spin when he said, "There are no negotiations. Those reports are false."
He is not. A short guy. 5 foot 3. Is.
Then he and Rosenthal can look each other directly in the eye with no problem ;)

Now, I can quote Angelos with the best of them, but do you believe he is lying in this case when it would be proven to be such in the short term?

He's a lawyer he putting this out to get them to up the offer.

Or The owner is lying.

Owners aren't lying here. You have Weams and I telling you the same thing. KR is full of...... on this. MLB might force the issue, but MLB is picking another fight with the Orioles they don't want and every time MLB has picked a fight with the Orioles/Angelos, MLB has lost.

KR started a rumor (which he's good at), it goes from him to others who report and some how it morphs into people like you thinking it's true and that it's the end of the world...

It occurrs to me that Duquette is all in for the trade. He has shown no interest in letting PA off the hook by not making a comment. He knows that Angelos has to be pissed about that. If Angelos wins and Diquette is required to fulfill his contract, what is to prevent Angelos, a year or two from now, after the Toronto job has been filled, from firing Duquette. Peter has been known to be pretty vindictive.

We don't know what has been said between Peter and Dan. Speculating that one or the other is pissed at each other could be completely wrong. Dan may be keeping quiet because it helps him get more money out of Peter and/or a better title.

Owners aren't lying here. You have Weams and I telling you the same thing. KR is full of...... on this. MLB might force the issue, but MLB is picking another fight with the Orioles they don't want and every time MLB has picked a fight with the Orioles/Angelos, MLB has lost.

KR started a rumor (which he's good at), it goes from him to others who report and some how it morphs into people like you thinking it's true and that it's the end of the world...

It is old news. Ken is a has been.

I think KR's source is in MLB offices which since he does work for MLB network as well, isn't surprising. That Toronto has wined enough that MLB is trying to force the issue.

MLB can't force anything. DD is under contract to the Orioles. MLB I guess is letting this tampering going on because Angelos is going to show what a dirt bag the commissioner is in the MASN Lawsuit. He should lose his job over this.

I would not under any circumstances let DD go. If he doesn't want to do his GM Job you can let someone else do it and he can just have the title. And in 4 years if the team is in complete disaster like it was beforem DD won't be able to find a job anywhere. I am understanding now why he was out of a job for 10 years. He could have been like Beane and been GM for life here. He never came out and denied the rumors.

The whole thing makes me angry.

It is old news. Ken is a has been.

and has been for years. Local beat reports know more then Ken. But then again Ken likes stealing their thunder so he stays in the lime light. At least Gammons knew when to fade to the background until he had a lock in recent years.

Archived