Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and has been for years. Local beat reports know more then Ken. But then again Ken likes stealing their thunder so he stays in the lime light. At least Gammons knew when to fade to the background until he had a lock in recent years.

He steals from 12 year olds

MLB can't force anything. DD is under contract to the Orioles. MLB I guess is letting this tampering going on because Angelos is going to show what a dirt bag the commissioner is in the MASN Lawsuit. He should lose his job over this.

I would not under any circumstances let DD go. If he doesn't want to do his GM Job you can let someone else do it and he can just have the title. And in 4 years if the team is in complete disaster like it was beforem DD won't be able to find a job anywhere. I am understanding now why he was out of a job for 10 years. He could have been like Beane and been GM for life here. He never came out and denied the rumors.

The whole thing makes me angry.

MLB can do whatever it wants according to them. Hence MASN issues. Don't ever think the MLB won't try and swing the big stick to go after Angelos. MLB FO hates them and has since the Labor strike of 1994.

Now, I can quote Angelos with the best of them, but do you believe he is lying in this case when it would be proven to be such in the short term? There is no room for misinterpretation or spin when he said, "There are no negotiations. Those reports are false."

Then he and Rosenthal can look each other directly in the eye with no problem ;)

I agree Angelos is not prone to come out and tell an outright lie like that. If he didn't want to tell people they were negotiating he just wouldn't have called Roch back. He isn't that available so it wouldn't be surprising for him to not to reply.

Say what you want about Angelos but he isn't stupid, He wouldn't just lie about something that turns out to be true in the near term. Also he holds grudges if DD was trying to wiggle out of his contract it would make it all the more likely that Angelos would not let him go. He doesn't care about compensation in cases like this.

MLB can do whatever it wants according to them. Hence MASN issues. Don't ever think the MLB won't try and swing the big stick to go after Angelos. MLB FO hates them and has since the Labor strike of 1994.

I have been told that Mike Rizzo is their top choice.

Doesn't matter if Peter has controlling interest in "stock". The way the Orioles are set up, they need approval from all (Board which Peter heads). That means they need 51% to agree on the board.

So, he can get 100% approval. What owner is going to vote against him?

Archived