Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Just give us their top prospect and a few picks and be done with it. They have probably talked to Dan long ago and he obviously doesn't want to be here. Let us grand him his wish and go up there with those forsakened frauds. Dan was good, but the core of this teams imprint still says MacPhail.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.saultstar.com/2015/01/06/bob-elliotts-top-101-most-influential-canadians-in-baseball

Beeston has been the loyal solider defending Rogers during each and every hit the Jays took for not adding payroll. The only different rationale we heard was that Beeston was given an option heading into 2013: Have some of the budget now and the rest in 2014 or take it all in 2013. The Jays chose to upgrade with the 12-player Miami Marlins deal, acquiring R.A. Dickey and signing Melky Cabrera.

There was a big-time clue at the start of 2014 season that it was going to be a difficulty to add salaries when in spring training five Jays — at the behest of management — were asked to chip in (defer salaries) so that the Jays could sign free-agent Ervin Santana for $14.1 million. Jose Bautista, Mark Buehrle, Dickey, Edwin Encarnacion and Jose Reyes agreed to re-structure their deals, but the Atlanta Braves had lost starters on back-to-back days and Santana headed to Georgia instead. Under Beeston for the coming season, the Jays will field a lineup with three Canucks on opening day: Montreal’s Martin catching, Saunders of Victoria in left and Mississauga’s Dalton Pompey in centre.

Slow news day, Ken? Looking for something to report? There's nothing new in this article, just 5'3" Ken standing on a soapbox, bleating, hoping someone will notice him. I wonder if Ken has picked out a cheery bowtie for when it is announced Dan gets traded to Toronto.

Slow news day, Ken? Looking for something to report? There's nothing new in this article, just 5'3" Ken standing on a soapbox, bleating, hoping someone will notice him. I wonder if Ken has picked out a cheery bowtie for when it is announced Dan gets traded to Toronto.

Roch is the one quoted as saying the situation is "toxic". In which case I want people like Ken to keep yammering about it. And I also want it to be known to the public that Selig and Manfred are getting their grubby hands in the mess. The whole thing reeks of the MASN dispute.

Roch is the one quoted as saying the situation is "toxic". In which case I want people like Ken to keep yammering about it. And I also want it to be known to the public that Selig and Manfred are getting their grubby hands in the mess. The whole thing reeks of the MASN dispute.

Toxic was a term that was thrown out to Roch over a week ago. And I would not be surprised if it were said. But context is everything. And so is timing.

Such a lightweight article riddled with innuendo and no research or reporting.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. :D

Hey, Ken.... The Orioles have done their part to end it with a clearly stated "NO" from PA; not once, but twice. Why not call out the Blue Jays? Maybe the time has come for them to stop whining, accept NO for an answer, stop the tampering, and move on to other candidates (for a job that is still occupied, mind you).

While I largely agree with you, the details that Manfred and Selig each spoke with Alan Rifkin about this is new, isn't it? I'd heard that "MLB" had contacted "the Orioles" but I hadn't heard who. The fact that the message from MLB came from the very top is interesting. The fact that the conduit for the message was the Orioles' outside counsel, and that the conversation took place at the owners' meetings, also was interesting. Why is the Orioles' outside counsel at the owners' meetings in the first place? Do all the owners bring a lawyer? Does Angelos always do it? Did he do it this time because of the MASN dispute, or for some other reason? Rifkin, by the way, is one of the counsel "of record" in the MASN court case, has given factual affidavits in the case, and has been heavily involved in all aspects of the MASN dispute. Yet, he is having direct conversations with the principals from MLB, rather than with MLB's lawyers. That's quite unusual. Makes me wonder if there are talks ongoing about resolving the MASN case.

While I largely agree with you, the details that Manfred and Selig each spoke with Alan Rifkin about this is new, isn't it? I'd heard that "MLB" had contacted "the Orioles" but I hadn't heard who. The fact that the message from MLB came from the very top is interesting. The fact that the conduit for the message was the Orioles' outside counsel, and that the conversation took place at the owners' meetings, also was interesting. Why is the Orioles' outside counsel at the owners' meetings in the first place? Do all the owners bring a lawyer? Does Angelos always do it? Did he do it this time because of the MASN dispute, or for some other reason? Rifkin, by the way, is one of the counsel "of record" in the MASN court case, has given factual affidavits in the case, and has been heavily involved in all aspects of the MASN dispute. Yet, he is having direct conversations with the principals from MLB, rather than with MLB's lawyers. That's quite unusual. Makes me wonder if there are talks ongoing about resolving the MASN case.

Excellent post. And Angelos has not been seen in public for some time. Was he at the owner's meeting? Was John? Was Lou the family representative?

Not sure why people are bashing Ken for writing this article. Everything he stated is true.

You could call is "stiring the pot" but thats his job and he is right, this matter needs to be closed and the longer it drags on is not going to be good for the Orioles.

Bottom line, this will be over if and when Peter Angelos decides it is to his advantage for it to be over, or when the Blue Jays get tired of waiting. Serious question: how long will the Blue Jays wait before moving on to another candidate? And if they do, isn't this over?

Archived