Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

I hate how the media is portraying Harper here. He has every right to be pissed and I don't blame him one bit for not showing up. The Nats should do the right thing. Why doesn't MLB force themselves into this case?

I can understand the grievance, but why should that stand in the way of him showing up for the fans?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate how the media is portraying Harper here. He has every right to be pissed and I don't blame him one bit for not showing up. The Nats should do the right thing. Why doesn't MLB force themselves into this case?

I'm not sure Harper shouldn't be more upset with Mr. Boras. It seems both sides should give a little, maybe the Nats should give Harper a 'bonus'. On the other hand, if Boros refeuses to even discuss extension talks, why wouldn't the Nats play hardball and hold Harper to his contract.

It seems Boros is to blame more than anything. Guess we'll see what happens. I don't think anybody wins in this scenerio.

Doesn't it benefit the team too?

I think it does Harper more harm then good to sit it out. A lot of time fan's take the players side in disputes with management. That isn't going to happen if he behaves like this.

Now if photo shoots or TV commercials were the issue I would agree with Harper.

I think it does Harper more harm then good to sit it out. A lot of time fan's take the players side in disputes with management. That isn't going to happen if he behaves like this.

Now if photo shoots or TV commercials were the issue I would agree with Harper.

What a rambling thread this has become.

I wasn't aware of the grievance issue, but it seems minor enough to me that Harper shouldn't have used it as a reason to back out of Nats FanFest. Not that I really care.

I'm not sure Harper shouldn't be more upset with Mr. Boras. It seems both sides should give a little, maybe the Nats should give Harper a 'bonus'. On the other hand, if Boros refeuses to even discuss extension talks, why wouldn't the Nats play hardball and hold Harper to his contract.

It seems Boros is to blame more than anything. Guess we'll see what happens. I don't think anybody wins in this scenerio.

I agree with this. That's what happens when you wait to the final hour to hammer out details. If they did verbally agree to it why wasn't it written an observed in the signed contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest rochester
I agree with this. That's what happens when you wait to the final hour to hammer out details. If they did verbally agree to it why wasn't it written an observed in the signed contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.

or at worst, an addendum. I have a hard time thinking that Boras accepted a verbal agreement without demanding it be put in writing. Saying that, Harper is the one that will, again, come out looking like a jerk.

What a rambling thread this has become.

I wasn't aware of the grievance issue, but it seems minor enough to me that Harper shouldn't have used it as a reason to back out of Nats FanFest. Not that I really care.

I wouldn't say starting his arbitration a year later is a minor issue, especially if the Nats verbally agreed to it. Now, I would say that he has as big of a beef with Boras on this issue, but I can understand the anger with the Nats.

I wouldn't say starting his arbitration a year later is a minor issue, especially if the Nats verbally agreed to it. Now, I would say that he has as big of a beef with Boras on this issue, but I can understand the anger with the Nats.

I understand the anger I just don't think skipping the event is a smart move.

I don't think it's a big deal. He's not going to be a Nat long term, and I doubt many people hold much of a grudge about these kind of things.

I think this is exactly the type of thing fans, especially those with children, hold grudges about.

How ticked off were O's fans when Millar threw out the first pitch for the Red Sox?

I understand the anger I just don't think skipping the event is a smart move.

The only disappointed Nats fans are those who were going to the NatsFest to begin with. The many thousands of other Nats fans around the Beltway and the rest of the country probably don't care. And those who do care will get over it.

Harper said, "I have attended NatsFest each year and always enjoy my experience with the fans, but was unable to attend this year's event due to matters out of my control. I look forward to next year's NatsFest."

It was Rizzo who stated that the upcoming grievance hearing was the reason Harper backed out.

"We're disappointed he's not here, but he chose not to be here because of the grievance".

Not a smart move by Rizzo in my opinion.

I think this is exactly the type of thing fans, especially those with children, hold grudges about.

How ticked off were O's fans when Millar threw out the first pitch for the Red Sox?

You mean JTrea? I just think the number of people holding a grudge will be a small minority.

Archived