Camden Depot: CSN-Mid Atlantic is Different.

weams

http://camdendepot.blogspot.com/2015/01/why-csn-mid-atlantic-cant-be-compared.html

The reason why there is such a discrepancy between the fees that CSN Mid Atlantic is able to charge its subscribers and the fees that MASN charges its subscribers is because Comcast has a dominant position in the DC/Maryland/Northern Virginia region. Therefore, they have an interest in increasing the fees that customers pay for CSN Mid Atlantic while decreasing the fees that customers pay for MASN. Since Comcast has a number of networks it allows them leverage to make deals with Direct TV and Dish in order to increase their profits. Therefore, it probably doesn?t make sense to say that MASN is mismanaged just because CSN-MA is able to charge large fees for less programming. All it means is that Comcast has the significant advantage of owning a network in a region where they have a dominant position in the market.

I think that this point is very important. What bothers me is when people try to compare different markets like they are all the same. I don't know whether MASN is ran well or not but each team deals with different issues in their market.

Archived