Rays trade Zobrist and Escobar to A's

xian4

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have to figure the Rays dropped a few.

My implied point still stands...odd to trade for a Zobrist rental when it only projects to put you at 85 wins.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/where-i-was-wrong-about-the-royals/

I think this helps explain why Beane may have done the deal. Cameron is talking about the Royals but he basically admits that he probably wasn't valuing wins 80-88 as much as he should have been considering that with two wildcards mid 80's is close enough to make the playoffs if things break your way.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A's FanFest will just be A's players with name tags going from table to table getting to know each other and making awkward small talk</p>— Sean Doolittle (@whatwouldDOOdo) <a href="

">January 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now that Zobrist is out of the division, O's should trade for him. I'd rather have Zobrist in RF than Rasmus.

I like Zobrist, but I'd rather just pay cash for Rasmus instead of sending prospects away. Our system needs more talent, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Zobrist, but I'd rather just pay cash for Rasmus instead of sending prospects away. Our system needs more talent, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the A's wanted prospects over Zobrist, they wouldn't have included their #1 prospect for him.

Archived