Rays trade Zobrist and Escobar to A's

xian4

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Rays' system doesn't have a lot of high end talent, but it's one of the deepest systems around.

And BA has Robertson ranked 39th overall. So some of the more respected evaluators think highly of him..

I think the comment re: Rays system is mostly accurate. They beefed up depth and have benefit of Guerreri potentially coming back healthy. But it's a flimsy system right now, meaning it could go a lot of different directions.

BA doesn't have Robertson ranked 39th overall, so far as I know. Ben Badler has stated Robertson is 39 on his personal top 50. In any event, I think it's roundly accepted that evaluators think very highly of Robertson.

Would you trade Sisco for 1 year of Zobrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I would just Sign Rasmus and stop playing games with him. Colby will have a better 2015 then Ben.

I think the comment re: Rays system is mostly accurate. They beefed up depth and have benefit of Guerreri potentially coming back healthy. But it's a flimsy system right now, meaning it could go a lot of different directions.

BA doesn't have Robertson ranked 39th overall, so far as I know. Ben Badler has stated Robertson is 39 on his personal top 50. In any event, I think it's roundly accepted that evaluators think very highly of Robertson.

I assume you are in that group?

Thank you.

Robertson is a top tier offensive prospect right now. Powell is a 2014 breakout with an amphetamines suspension last year to coincide with the breakout. Raked in the Arizona Fall League as one of the younger players. Evaluators still divided, but that was a nice data point since his swing is potentially problematic against better velo/sequencing. Not a clean comp pairing in Baltimore system because there is limited positional talent. Could argue Sisco/Yaz, maybe. Sisco/Wright probably closer on pure value.

I assume you are in that group?

I like him a lot. BP had him at #4 in Oakland system last year behind Russell, Choice, and Wahl (who I also like a lot). He was easy number 1 in Oakland system once Russell was traded mid-season, and is top 75 prospect overall as of this offseason. Took some nice developmental steps forward this year, but the talent was obvious even in Midwest League in 2013. He'd be a top 3 prospect in most systems.

I like him a lot. BP had him at #4 in Oakland system last year behind Russell, Choice, and Wahl (who I also like a lot). He was easy number 1 in Oakland system once Russell was traded mid-season, and is top 75 prospect overall as of this offseason. Took some nice developmental steps forward this year, but the talent was obvious even in Midwest League in 2013. He'd be a top 3 prospect in most systems.

Thank you for clarifying this all. There need be no further discussion on the quality of the offer for Zobrist.

In a three way trade for Zobrist and Escobar, the Mets killed the deal when Noah Syndergaard was required.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/washington-nationals-new-york-mets-tampa-bay-rays-ian-desmond-ben-zobrist-trade-011115

The Mets also engaged in direct talks for Zobrist, who like Desmond is entering his free-agent year. But the Rays again wanted two top prospects, and the Mets said no.

Archived