Anyone Else Getting Excited about Manny?

SticksandStones

As I've stated in a few threads, I believe Manny will be a top 5 MVP candidate this year, posting an .850 OPS and playing the kind of defense to which we've become accustomed. Certainly this article only reinforces my opinion. I think he's only scratched the surface of what he can do offensively.

I have a small, deep place in my heart that fears this. I don't think that the O's have any interest in being the highest bidder on someone. Please, please, please, if he's in the midst of one of these seasons, I'm going to need Pete to extend Manny.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I've stated in a few threads, I believe Manny will be a top 5 MVP candidate this year, posting an .850 OPS and playing the kind of defense to which we've become accustomed. Certainly this article only reinforces my opinion. I think he's only scratched the surface of what he can do offensively.

I agree. He's a top 5, top 10 player in MLB if healthy.

Honestly, I'm not. I like Manny as much as anyone else but the injuries bother me.

?I think that getting married and having that honeymoon was perfect timing for God to get me away from all this and bring me back to my senses of how life is. Because when I came back, I felt like, I felt like freaking God. I felt awesome, I felt great, my body was feeling great.

Ok, Manny. Whatever you say, bro.

Yeah. Bouncing around the infield and the bases on 2 surgically repaired knees is nothing to be concerned about. I'll reserve judgment until he proves he an hold up.

Exactly, him being ready for the start if the season isn't the concern or mark that needs to be met, it's where he is at come playoff race time.

He has us 2nd, after the Royals.

Thanks, guess that it was about what I was expecting.

I'm excited for actual baseball, instead of this crappy offseason where nothing happens and our GM is constantly rumored to be leaving.

Amen!

If we are involving pitchers, there is no way. And even if we aren't including pitchers, thats a long shot.

He's not even the best player on the Os.

He was 11th in MLB among position players in rWAR in 2013. If he stays healthy, he could definitely crack the top 10 with a modest offensive improvement. Unless Chris Davis pulls another 2013, a healthy Manny is likely the best player on the O's.

Archived