If it came down to Smoak or Beckham, which do you choose?

Wow, you guys are truly ringing the Hosmer bell.

Greg, I think Rowell can be a heck of a player one day. You must really think highly of Hosmer to project him higher than Rowell.

I hear Smoak is pretty slick with the glove around the bag. Is Hosmer also a whiz with his glove?

From another draft site.

Hosmer boasts the smoothest and most natural swing available for the 2008 draft. He would be ranked higher if he played a more demanding position than first base, but that isn’t to take anything away from his future potential, as he could easily find himself taken among the top three to five overall selections next spring if he continues to hit as he’s expected to. Drawing comparisons to the Angels Casey Kotchman, Hosmer has a slick glove that equals his swing, as he has Gold Glove potential at first. His swing develops easy loft power, and he has a very disciplined eye at the plate that allows him to draw walks and smoke mistakes. He has committed to play for Arizona State.

I have read he has a fantastic glove. I mean it cant get any better than gold glove potential. To go along with probally the best swing i have seen in the last ten years.

Thanks for posting that write up, BlueHens.

Well, Hosmer certainly does sound like a guy to go after. If he draws comparison to Kotchman with the bat, and also comes with a slick glove, what's not to like?

If we do draft a 1B (Smoak, Hosmer, Alonso, etc.), we better hope that Rowell can stick at 3B.

Archived