Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

Teams ran on Orsulak because he didn't have a RF arm. Delmon has a RF arm. Sure, you can only get assists if runners are willing to take the risk. I think Delmon is surprising some teams with how strong his arm is. It's probably been awhile since he played RF regularly. I just think Orsulak racked up assists because of the shear numbers of runners who thought they could take advantage of his arm. I suspect the word is getting out on Delmon and the assists chances will not be as many going forward.

Orsulak didn't have a RF arm based on the fact that he had so many assist chances, which coincidentally, he completed at a high percent? OK...probably the same should be said about Markakis.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Orsulak didn't have a RF arm based on the fact that he had so many assist chances, which coincidentally, he completed at a high percent? OK...probably the same should be said about Markakis.

I dont remember Orsulak or Markakis ever getting confused about which base to throw to.

Orsulak didn't have a good RF arm. He did lead the league in assists one season because so many runners tried to take an extra base on him.

It is kinda like Catchers, Caleb threw out a lot of guys when he got called up last year. Part of the reason was because he had improved his technique, but part of it was that guys that wouldn't ordinarily run were testing him.

At this point if he can play adequate defense and hit reasonably well, that would be an upgrade over Lough and Snider. I think Snider hit the ball hard last night for the first time in weeks.Maybe he is stirring.

actually, it started with the DFA of De Aza.

At this point if he can play adequate defense and hit reasonably well, that would be an upgrade over Lough and Snider. I think Snider hit the ball hard last night for the first time in weeks.Maybe he is stirring.
He won't be an up grade over Snider, he'll be a platoon partner.

Give me Reimold and Snider w/ Young @ DH over any other scenario.

Snider can hold his own against lefties. Give him 125 consistent at bats and see what he can do.

I'd rather see Riemold/Snider in LF, neither is very good in RF.

I sure don't understand that. None of those players have Traditional Splits except Pearce.

According to Drungo you need a LOT of data to supersede the established paradigm. Look at Jones for instance, years of reverse splits, his career splits are still reversed but last year he destroyed left handed pitching (300 point OPS spread).

Odds are good by the end of this or next years Jones' numbers will fall in line with most everyone else's.

Archived