Who's the better pitcher Bundy or Eduardo Rodriguez?

webbrick2010

I'm all Orioles here and frankly its Rodriguez by a mile. I don't understand this fascination and obsession, in some cases, with Bundy, who obviously is not the same pitcher he was before TJS. I would have no problem moving him in a heartbeat to fill a pressing need.:cool:

Cold-blooded sir. lol

I'm sure Bird55 don't mind.

I don't really. It's all good natured kidding. I probably wrote that after Seattle lit him up. Regardless a lot of people were whistling the same tune at that time. That said, I hope can stay healthy and can have a big time career.

You wrote it in March of 2015.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish we had them both. Frustrating how well we could be set up for the future without such inadvisable deals as the EdRod and Davies deal. I won't include my boy Jake as that was more a failure of development than anything--though that doesn't take away from it being a bad trade regardless--but the Davies and EdRod deals just strike me as particularly unecessary and ill-advised.

I wish we had them both. Frustrating how well we could be set up for the future without such inadvisable deals as the EdRod and Davies deal. I won't include my boy Jake as that was more a failure of development than anything--though that doesn't take away from it being a bad trade regardless--but the Davies and EdRod deals just strike me as particularly unecessary and ill-advised.

E-Rod was a lot to give away for a rental reliever but at the end of the day I was okay with it because we were going for the title and Miller was a shut down high leverage RP with a sky high SO/9. Others may disagree and they have very valid arguments too. I'm just stating my opinion.

But the Davies deal just made no sense at all. Parra was not a difference maker and we bought him at his highest while emptying our ever thinning farm system of a possible cheap back of the rotation SP. And that has bit us in the you know what this season.

Anyway, back to Bundy. I'm just happy Bundy's showing ace like stuff and with him it's just about health. If he stays healthy, that's huge, absolutely huge!

E-Rod was a lot to give away for a rental reliever but at the end of the day I was okay with it because we were going for the title and Miller was a shut down high leverage RP with a sky high SO/9. Others may disagree and they have very valid arguments too. I'm just stating my opinion.

There are few things that I'll be as categorical as to say never/ever in life, but trading something valuable for a rental reliever is definitely one of them. Honestly, even if it was for a good SP, say 2014 James Shields (3.21 ERA), or Quintana (3.32), I'm not sure I would've been for it, but at least looking back I'd be more forgiving and see a bit more the logic.

What people keep omitting out of this equation. DD made the deal for 2 reasons.

#1 - Pen arm to help, this is obvious.

#2 - Tigers were in desperate need of a reliable arm. So there was a 2nd objective and keeping Miller out of Detriot, was aimed to help the Birds get to the WS, and it almost worked.

o

21 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 6 Flyouts, 4 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Lineouts, 1 Foulout, 1 Popout

EDUARDO JOSE RODRIGUEZ HERNANDEZ oo (vs. YANKEES, 8/11)

IP:l 7

H:;; 3 ll(1 Home Run, 2 Singles)

R:l) 1

BB:)1

SO:)6

Pitches: 93 (59 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2016 ERA: 5.43

PITCHES BY INNING

15 (91 Strikes, 6 Balls)

12 (81 Strikes, 4 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

61 (61 Strikes, 0 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 7 Balls)

13 (61 Strikes, 7 Balls)

16 (10 Strikes, 6 Balls)

o

12 OUTS: 7 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Groundout, 1 Foulout, 1 Popout

EDUARDO JOSE RODRIGUEZ HERNANDEZ oo (vs. ORIOLES, 8/16)

IP:l 4 - PLUS

H:;; 0 ll

R:l) 0

BB:)2

SO:)7

Pitches: 62 (39 Strikes, 23 Balls)

2016 ERA: 5.11

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

17 (81 Strikes, 9 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

17 (13 Strikes, 4 Balls)

21 (01 Strikes, 2 Balls) *

* Rodriguez did not record any outs before departing in the 5th inning.

Archived