Who's the better pitcher Bundy or Eduardo Rodriguez?

webbrick2010

o

21 OUTS: 7 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 5 Popouts, 5 Flyouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Foulout, 1 Lineout

EDUARDO JOSE RODRIGUEZ HERNANDEZ O (vs. YANKEES, 7/16)

IP:l 7

H:;; 4 ll(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 2 Singles)

R:l) 1

BB:)2

SO:)1

Pitches: 97 (62 Strikes, 35 Balls)

2016 ERA: 7.18

PITCHES BY INNING

71 (61 Strikes, 1 Balls)

10 (71 Strikes, 3 Balls)

12 (81 Strikes, 4 Balls)

19 (10 Strikes, 9 Balls)

19 (10 Strikes, 9 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

16 (11 Strikes, 5 Balls)

Very nice start today.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

o

19 OUTS: 7 Groundouts, 6 Strikeouts, 2 Lineouts (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Popout, 1 Flyout, 1 Out on Interference on the Catcher's Mitt

EDUARDO JOSE RODRIGUEZ HERNANDEZ O (vs. MARINERS, 8/01)

IP:l 6.33

H:;; 3 ll(2 Doubles, 1 Single)

R:l) 1

BB:)2

SO:)6

Pitches: 101 (64 Strikes, 37 Balls)

2016 ERA: 5.91

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

16 (12 Strikes, 4 Balls)

12 (51 Strikes, 7 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 7 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

10 (61 Strikes, 4 Balls)

19 (12 Strikes, 7 Balls) *

* Rodriguez recorded 1 out before departing in the 7th inning.

Bundy has also looked really good in his 2 most recent starts ...... at least in the first 5 innings of his 2 most recent starts.

I think it will be really interesting to see how things pan out with both of them, in the short run and in the long run.

To be clear, I think Bundy will be the better pitcher if he's healthy. But I still think highly of EdRod.

To be clear, I think Bundy will be the better pitcher if he's healthy. But I still think highly of EdRod.

Bundy has always been a blue chip, top prospect and pretty much offlimit to other GM in trade talks, and EdRod was never that.

I believe Davis was ranked ahead of EdRod.

ERod was our #3 prospect when we traded him. He was definitely a blue chipper.

He was a top 100 prospect in MLB before the 2014 season, though his stock may have been a bit lower when we traded him than it was at the start of the year. He was always more highly regarded than Davies, though Davies was well regarded here at OH and has proven this year that he was underrated by the national pundits. EdRod has a higher ceiling than Davies, but Davies is looking very likely to reach his ceiling whereas that's less clear with EdRod.

ERod was our #3 prospect when we traded him. He was definitely a blue chipper.

His value had slipped and #3 was before the season started, and he looked like he was going to repeat AA, and there was either talk of him, being moved to the bullpen.

Even MLBTR said this:

Rodriguez came into the year as Baltimore’s 3rd-best overall prospect, per Baseball America. The 21-year-old has not taken a step forward at Double-A

He was injured to start the season.

Yes, he was. Then in his first 8 starts he posted a 5.93 ERA. In his next 8 starts, right before the trade, his ERA was 3.67. So, while I do think his stock had dropped a little bit from the pre-season, he was still a top 100 guy in my mind (rated #65 by BA pre-season). He certainly raised his stock by pitching lights-out after the trade.

Archived