Who's the better pitcher Bundy or Eduardo Rodriguez?

webbrick2010

While I don't agree he is untouchable, he would be a wasted chip for Kemp or Upton. If we were talking Hamels, I would think most people would be receptive to including Bundy.

As for not developing high school talent, the team is working on Davies now. Besides, Bundy was as polished as a college starter, so let's not truly lump him in with other high school pitchers.

While not worried about Bundy, it would be good if he showed better than what he is now. With him having to start the year on the 25 man next year, he might start losing value this year if he doesn't show well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think DD said it pretty good last season. While he didn't consider Bundy or Gausman "untouchable", it would take the right deal to motivate him into accepting it.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bundy faced Asche, Sizemore, McGuiness, D'Arnaud, Hill, Utley, Mastroiani and Phelps. 4 of them had 380+ plate appearances in the Majors last year. That is a fairly standard group of playes to face in Spring Training. Hardly fair to call them all minor leaguers.

But hardly a muderer's row of the '27 Yankees. I'm a little worried, but only a little. Like Frobby said a few posts above your's, he needs to go down and build up innings. Not build up strength (now) but to build confidence and experience again. Get back into the groove of schooling hitters. Sharpen his game. By June or July this thread will be history. Dylan will be fine.

I don't know the particulars but Birdland (or anyone else ever...) was NOT banned simply for being negative. ;)

Thanks for clarifying Scott. Had no idea what happened and that worried me a lot. I appreciate you clarifying that sir.

Yeah. Weird. A bunch of people already provided that information. But thank you to the last person, who is late to the party, to provide the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I'm so rarely late to the party...

Although EdRod has looked sharp, I don't expect him to get a serious look as the 5th starter to begin the year. He hasn't started a game yet and his outing yesterday was only two innings, so they're not building his innings in the way you'd expect if he was under consideration for the 5th starter spot. Buchholz, Materson, Porcello and Kelly have each made three starts, and they signed Wade Miley (1 start) to a three-year, $19.25 mm deal so you have to assume he'll be in the rotation even though he's started slowly this spring. Henry Owens (BA #44 prospect who pitched 6 games in AAA last year) has had one spring start, has looked good and probably would get the nod ahead of EdRod

Archived