Go Duke!-beat Carolina

weemnj

I can't imagine anybody could think that elbow was intentional or dirty. He didn't throw the elbow intentionally, it just happened to hit Hansbrough in the face as he was turning to follow the ball. I really doubt anybody's judgement if they look at that and think it was a dirty play or that Henderson should be suspended for the next game.

Absolutely horrible officiating by the refs, absolutely no doubt about that. If there was a lot of time left in the game, then they would have had to make a difficult decision on whether to eject Henderson and force him to miss the next game, but with 12 seconds left, just tell K to put him on the bench and let the league decide if the play merits a suspension or not (which is undoubtedly does not).

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SG, let me apologize to you for my rant. You continue to conduct yourself with class, depsite rooting for the wrong shade of blue. Heat of the moment thing.

There are some things that push my buttons, and calling a class-act like Roy Williams classless is certainly one of them.

This is going to be what we needed to get that "edge" back. I'm telling you man, I feel it right now. I'm fired up and can't wait to win the next nine and take the whole damn thing.

Your team might want to play defense to win it all.

SG, let me apologize to you (although not to pushmonkey) for my rant. You continue to conduct yourself with class, depsit rooting for the wrong shade of blue. Heat of the moment thing.

There are some things that push my buttons, and calling a class-act like Roy Williams classless is certainly one of them.

Ok, looking back at my posts, maybe Roy is not classless. However, There was no reason for Tyler to be in the game. I think maybe it would be better for me not to post to NC fans.

This is going to be what we needed to get that "edge" back. I'm telling you man, I feel it right now. I'm fired up and can't wait to win the next nine and take the whole damn thing.

Yea because you've been so accurate with your predictions so far this year.:rolleyes:

I can't imagine anybody could think that elbow was intentional or dirty. He didn't throw the elbow intentionally, it just happened to hit Hansbrough in the face as he was turning to follow the ball. I really doubt anybody's judgement if they look at that and think it was a dirty play or that Henderson should be suspended for the next game.

Absolutely horrible officiating by the refs, absolutely no doubt about that. If there was a lot of time left in the game, then they would have had to make a difficult decision on whether to eject Henderson and force him to miss the next game, but with 12 seconds left, just tell K to put him on the bench and let the league decide if the play merits a suspension or not (which is undoubtedly does not).

Sorry, you don't need to be directly looking at someone to know that their face is there. The elbow was completely unnecessary and I'm inclined to call a spade a spade. That elbow was the culmination of a very frustrating year for dook.

Seeing the replay it looked to me like Henderson was looking right at Hansbrough when he elbowed him in the face. I'd say it could have been intentional.

To me it looked like his eyes were following the ball, which happened to be moving from near Hansbrough to away from him. Henderson was trying to twist his body to get to the ball, and just nailed him. I don't think theres any way it can be argued that he meant to hit Hansbrough, and I don't think theres much of a good argument that can be made that it was a dirty play. Unfortunately he got his momentum going really fast and just drilled Hansbrough.

Your team might want to play defense to win it all.

Well, we've played more defense than your sorry team twice so far this year. People in glass houses...

As for TH being in the game, you obviously know very little about UNC/dook. Or do I need to remind you about a guy by the name of Charlie Scott? 9 points, 17 seconds ring a bell?

And besides, like I said, it's likely his last home game, so if he wants to stay in, I have no issue with letting him play. It's not like all 5 starters were out there and they were up 25.

Besides, we're so deep, would it really have been so much different if we'd have had 5 freshmen out on the court?

Only Henderson knows if it was intentional. I would give him the benefit of the doubt there. However... wrecklessness is another matter. I think his play there was wreckless, the suspension was justified, and the officials did a nice job of controlling what could have been an ugglier situation.

Sorry, you don't need to be directly looking at someone to know that their face is there. The elbow was completely unnecessary and I'm inclined to call a spade a spade. That elbow was the culmination of a very frustrating year for dook.

It wasn't a dirty play, thats pretty much all there is about it. It was a violent play because of what resulted from it, but he wasn't trying to hit him in the face, it just happened.

My view, if Duke wants to quit then stop the game, if not any NC player can be in the game (Hansbourgh). To credit Duke, they usally dont give up, if the players had given up why would Henderson try to stop the basket? Was it intentional? I dont think so, to me Henderson was frustrated at loosing, he swatted pretty hard and happened to hit Hansbrough.

Now, the one thing not brought up here. Last year last game of regular season NC/Duke wasnt Hansbrough a victim of a dirty play? It went uncalled if I recall either Henderson or Nelson (I think), it was shown on replays. Do you think the officials didnt remember that going into the game? This could of helped in there decision to suspend.

Well, we've played more defense than your sorry team twice so far this year. People in glass houses...

As for TH being in the game, you obviously know very little about UNC/dook. Or do I need to remind you about a guy by the name of Charlie Scott? 9 points, 17 seconds ring a bell?

And besides, like I said, it's likely his last home game, so if he wants to stay in, I have no issue with letting him play. It's not like all 5 starters were out there and they were up 25.

Besides, we're so deep, would it really have been so much different if we'd have had 5 freshmen out on the court?

Your team is impressive, I have respect for that. Sorry if I do not remember Charlie Scott. I really started to watch Duke in 87-88 when I was 9-10.

Only Henderson knows if it was intentional. I would give him the benefit of the doubt there. However... wrecklessness is another matter. I think his play there was wreckless, the suspension was justified, and the officials did a nice job of controlling what could have been an ugglier situation.

Theres absolutely no way he should have been suspended. And the only ugly thing about the situation was how Hansbrough responded, although after just getting drilled in the face its hard to criticize him for that. Carolina people did a good job of getting control of him and taking him to the locker room. After that, there wasn't any sort of chaos going on at all. All they needed to do was wipe up the blood and start the game. The ejection / suspension was a complete joke.

Archived