Dan Duquette's new mission

Babypowder

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/113014540/lyle-spencer-angels-outfielder-mike-trout-tops-list-of-most-coveted-players

"Adam Jones is a five-tool guy who comes to beat you every day and is a great leader," an NL GM said of the Orioles' center fielder. "I love Trout, but I just love Jones a little more."

:eek:

A simple seek and destroy mission. If there really is a GM out there who believes Adam Jones is the most valuable player in baseball, I'd be tracking him down right now. I certainly don't want to trade Adam, but at the price that guy might give up I'd have to reconsider.

Are there any Orioles players that you are a fan of? I'm not trying to pick an argument, but I see a bunch of your posts putting the players down. Why follow sports just to criticize everything about them?

This is more about a AJ Fan boy GM... I agree with what he is saying.

Are there any Orioles players that you are a fan of? I'm not trying to pick an argument, but I see a bunch of your posts putting the players down. Why follow sports just to criticize everything about them?

Babypowder is a big supporter of Sabermetric evaluation. A lot of Orioles players do not fair as well with that method of fandom.

Who did I put down? Saying Adam Jones is not the most valuable player in baseball is not putting him down. He's a very good player, he's not Mike Trout. Did you miss the part where I said I certainly don't want to trade him?

This raises a really fascinating hypothetical. If someone covets your best player, and is willing to give you something like 3 to 5 times his value in trade for him..........should you pull the trigger?

And no, he is not going to be traded anytime soon.

This raises a really fascinating hypothetical. If someone covets your best player, and is willing to give you something like 3 to 5 times his value in trade for him..........should you pull the trigger?

And no, he is not going to be traded anytime soon.

Exactly what I was getting at. You'd have to consider it in my mind. This is all of course hypothetical because he obviously isn't actually going anywhere. I'm also really interested in which GM said this, and how he got the job. The writer is in Arizona, so I'd guess it came from teams with camps there. It's also an NL GM. A guy with that opinion probably isn't an analytic type GM. I think I'd put my money on Dave Stewart.

Who did I put down? Saying Adam Jones is not the most valuable player in baseball is not putting him down. He's a very good player, he's not Mike Trout. Did you miss the part where I said I certainly don't want to trade him?

I misunderstood the point. My apologies.

Archived