Matusz, de Aza, McFarland, Lavarnway

wildcard

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DD on 105.7 the fan broadcast of game vs. STL.

Talking up Matusz as a starter. Specifically ability to throw four pitches for strikes.

Mentioned prevelance of texting among gms these days. Snider trade apparently finalized via text. Hard to tell how much was fully serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagining Dan texting like a teenage girl--"OMG did you u see Matusz today, I was like WTF! Throwing fire! Wanna trade? 11111"

o

(MARCH 25th)

Matusz was back in the bullpen this afternoon.

3 up, 3 down.

2 strikeouts.

Did he find his changeup? It's a shame that no matter how well he pitches between now and the end of ST, he's as good as gone. It's too bad he couldn't get it together after several seasons worth of second chances. We were all so optimistic after that great rookie year.

Did he find his changeup? It's a shame that no matter how well he pitches between now and the end of ST, he's as good as gone. It's too bad he couldn't get it together after several seasons worth of second chances. We were all so optimistic after that great rookie year.

I've heard people here raving that he absolutely has but he got away with a couple fat ones today. The first one was at 79 mph and the second at 80 mph, but both of them were chest high. So, better with his differential but he was lucky neither batter chose to swing.

He did touch 90 with the FB and the slider looked crisp.

I've heard people here raving that he absolutely has but he got away with a couple fat ones today. The first one was at 79 mph and the second at 80 mph, but both of them were chest high. So, better with his differential but he was lucky neither batter chose to swing.

He did touch 90 with the FB and the slider looked crisp.

It is easier to get away with hanging one if you have the velocity differential.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't think so. He's throwing the CH more and more so he must be feeling confident with it and he looked to be commanding it with some armside run.

And I'm not a Matusz believer.

Was a reference to a certain poster who claims to have never seen Matusz look dominant. That he looks shaky even when the results are good.

o

Roch states that Ryan Lavarnway figures to make at least one start for the Orioles during their four-game series against the Red Sox.

Lavarnway talks about his return to Fenway Park, where he used to play with his former team.

Ryan Lavarnway's Return, Today's Game, and the Bullpen

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/04/lavarnways-return-todays-game-and-the-bullpen.html

Archived