Stupid thought at night

adidasdoc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not so sure. Who was that O's catcher who had 10 ST HR, and where is he now? If Manny plays a full season, this will be joke.

I'm not sure Jake Fox was ever the top prospect in all of baseball. Bryant has only had 740 PA in the MiL since he was drafted but he's gone from A ball to AAA as a 21/22 year old, holding a 1.000+ OPS. He's not some veteran getting hot in spring training, he's been listed from 1-5 on the 2015 top prospect lists.

I'm not sure Jake Fox was ever the top prospect in all of baseball. Bryant has only had 740 PA in the MiL since he was drafted but he's gone from A ball to AAA as a 21/22 year old, holding a 1.000+ OPS. He's not some veteran getting hot in spring training, he's been listed from 1-5 on the 2015 top prospect lists.

Nor did Jake Fox win the Golden Spikes Award, the Louisville Slugger National Player of the Year, the Baseball America Player of the Year, and the Dick Howser Trophy. Nor was the Jake Fox the best player at every level of baseball he has played in.

Nor did Jake Fox win the Golden Spikes Award, the Louisville Slugger National Player of the Year, the Baseball America Player of the Year, and the Dick Howser Trophy. Nor was the Jake Fox the best player at every level of baseball he has played in.

Semantics, it's just a hot streak, nobody will remember the name Kris Bryant after this spring.

Semantics, it's just a hot streak, nobody will remember the name Kris Bryant after this spring.

He is still the number one prospect in baseball per Baseball America. The LEAST successful number one prospects in the last 20 years are Daisuke Matsuzaka, Rick Ankiel and Delmon Young. Most people have heard of those guys.

He is still the number one prospect in baseball per Baseball America. The LEAST successful number one prospects in the last 20 years are Daisuke Matsuzaka, Rick Ankiel and Delmon Young. Most people have heard of those guys.

Sarcasm must not be your thing. No worries.

Exactly, I wouldn't trade Machado for any of those three. Prospects no matter how high they are rated are still suspects

Exactly, I wouldn't trade Machado for any of those three. Prospects no matter how high they are rated are still suspects

I agree.

Look just to the south. Strasburg, while a good pitcher, was supposed to be a sure-fire TOR and not sure, he has pitched to the degree that they felt he would.

I agree.

Look just to the south. Strasburg, while a good pitcher, was supposed to be a sure-fire TOR and not sure, he has pitched to the degree that they felt he would.

Strasburg has actually been quite amazing, I'm not sure why people think he hasn't. His cumulative 3.00FIP is 10th in baseball over the last 3 years, 2.83xFIP is 3rd, 3.10ERA is 15th, and his 10.17K/9 is 3rd.The only thing I can think of is that people are thrown off by the fact that he only averages about 12 wins a year, despite being on a very good team. Obviously that's not something he can control.

Does he profile as a DH or can he move to the outfield? Is this a Wil Myers type?
Error rate seams on the high side.
Yes it is. As I said, needs work.

I saw a break down on his defense this morning on MLB TV.

The Ex-Rockies GM said he thought Bryant would drop to them at #3 and that they would have moved him to the outfield immediately.

Then they did a video breakdown on how he approaches the ball and yes, he does need work.

So yes, on this team, he would be a DH?

Why would he be a DH when he's likely to be an above average OFer with a plus arm? He has plenty of college experience and is athletic enough that one MLB scout told Kiley he would have tried to put Bryant in CF.

Archived