Roch: Hardy's Shoulder Injury

weams

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never heard that. I heard him say he could not.

Me neither.

Here is a good quote from Hardy to Roch:

"I think they found exactly what they thought it was," Hardy said this morning while sitting at his locker. "I didn't know it was going to take 10 days or whatever they're saying to get all the swelling out and get the strength back, so that's a little disappointing, but I guess it could have been a lot worse. "I feel better today than I did yesterday. At this rate, who knows how long it's going to be? I'm getting better quick, so I have no idea."

Hardy can't participate in baseball activities during the 10-day period in order to get the swelling out of his shoulder.

"I don't know how they can make these timetables," he said. "I feel better. That's kind of what I'm going off of, so if I'm feeling better, then who knows how long it will be?

"I'm getting range of motion back. I think there's still swelling in there and I think that's what we need to get rid of, and then once the swelling is gone, we can start strengthen it and go from there.

"I don't think it will be full inactivity. I think I'll be able to move around and do stuff, and then it'll just be a matter of swinging the bat full speed."

Yeah there is just a large gap between "I could take a shot and play today" versus "dire ominous" etc. There have been some guys with good medical knowledge posting on Manny and others in the past. I'm curious if anyone has knowledge of the injury and what we might be able to expect.

I have wondered for years how Cal could play with what must have been all sorts of strains, pulls, sprains, jams, bruises, bumps, maybe even broken things, yet in this day and age, every situation, no matter how be- nign it is, is treated as a disabling injury. I can remember even before Cal, when it was NOT common to go on the DL. Any thoughts of managing the DL were simply not heard of. The DL was reserved for truly the most serious of injuries.

I have wondered for years how Cal could play with what must have been all sorts of strains, pulls, sprains, jams, bruises, bumps, maybe even broken things, yet in this day and age, every situation, no matter how be- nign it is, is treated as a disabling injury. I can remember even before Cal, when it was NOT common to go on the DL. Any thoughts of managing the DL were simply not heard of. The DL was reserved for truly the most serious of injuries.

If someone got seriously injured they just cut the player and forgot about him.

Why has our medical staff not been replaced? Seriously, every single time one of our players gets hurt, it's misdiagnosed and is worse than anticipated. Every single freaking time.

Really? Every time? And several of these things can be diagnosed without extra tests performed.

They screw it up every time. I can't remember the last time their initial diagnosis has actually been confirmed. I'm not a medical professional, but that strikes me as horrendous.

So Lough isn't suffering from back and hamstring issues?

What does he have a toothache?

Hyperbole is just the absolute worst thing ever.

One of the finest and most revered staffs in the industry.

MEDICAL STAFF

Head Athletic Trainer Richard L. Bancells

Assistant Athletic Trainer Brian Ebel

Strength and Conditioning Coach Joseph Hogarty

Team Physician/Medical Director Dr. William Goldiner

Orthopedist Dr. Michael Jacobs

Dentist Dr. Gus Livaditis

Optometrist Dr. Elliott Myrowitz

They screw it up every time. I can't remember the last time their initial diagnosis has actually been confirmed. I'm not a medical professional, but that strikes me as horrendous.

Maybe instead of trying to remember, you should actually do some research. So you might actually present facts for once.

Ralph Salvon came to Baltimore as an asset of the St. Louis Browns. He went to work in the Oriole farm team system. Paul Richards invited Ralph to take over as the trainer with the expansion Houston Colt 45’s in 1962. He returned to Baltimore in 1966 to serve as Eddie’s assistant, assuming the role as head trainer following his retirement in 1968.

Richie Bancells, the current head trainer for the Orioles worked his way to Baltimore, as was the custom. As with most rookies, he started in Bluefield and wound up in Rochester. Richie joined the Orioles, as Ralph’s assistant in the woebegone season of 1988. Sadly, Ralph passed away, mid-season leaving Richie to his own devices. Today Richie Bancells is the senior member of the major league trainers.

A protege.

Archived