Chris Tillman Today 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tillman is what he is. I don't bust on players because everybody goes through their ups and downs. But he has just not been deserving of a number 1 so far this year.

He's on pace to have his career worst season. He's costing himself a lot of money.

He certainly doesn't look real sharp. Tough to tell much when pitching with a huge lead. On the other hand, it should have been a night where he tried to figure things out. He needs to find an out away pitch, either a K or a weak swing. Too high pitch counts and too many foul balls on two strike counts. Norris looks more comfortable out there than Tillman presently.

Kinda glad he didn't sign an extension before the season now. I doubt Dan tries to negotiate long term if these mediocre outings continue. I'm not saying he isn't valuable, I'm saying that Dan has proven that he can find pieces that could replace his production.

He certainly doesn't look real sharp. Tough to tell much when pitching with a huge lead. On the other hand, it should have been a night where he tried to figure things out. He needs to find an out away pitch, either a K or a weak swing. Too high pitch counts and too many foul balls on two strike counts. Norris looks more comfortable out there than Tillman presently.

3 walks in 6 innings with that lead. Chris is really not in a good place right now. I will say he threw the curve for strikes quite a bit. Best I have seen the curve this year. Just hasn't put it all together.

3 walks in 6 innings with that lead. Chris is really not in a good place right now. I will say he threw the curve for strikes quite a bit. Best I have seen the curve this year. Just hasn't put it all together.

It's kind of tough to pitch when you have a half-hour between innings. I thought he pitched OK, nothing special. I was slightly surprised Buck didn't leave him out there for the 7th inning.

He was terrible. I get why we keep trotting him out, though. He's been very good for us in the past and he's under control for a while longer. This can't go on forever, but I imagine he's got some rope left. Why Norris is still getting starts, however, I have no idea.

A disgrace today! No excuses. He's pitching to Wieters now. That excuse is dead. He needs to kick it in gear. That would have been the worst loss of the season. He owes his teammates for bailing him out today. He looked good in the first inning. Good velocity. Good location. Gets the 7-0 lead, almost gives up a homer to Encarnacion and then gives up a double. He coughed up that lead as quick as we got it. I'm sure he feels terrible. He should.

Meh....He owes us, he owes his teammates. You'll have him in debtors prison soon.

No doubt he was he was bad. Are you sure it isn't Wieters?

A disgrace today! No excuses. He's pitching to Wieters now. That excuse is dead. He needs to kick it in gear. That would have been the worst loss of the season. He owes his teammates for bailing him out today. He looked good in the first inning. Good velocity. Good location. Gets the 7-0 lead, almost gives up a homer to Encarnacion and then gives up a double. He coughed up that lead as quick as we got it. I'm sure he feels terrible. He should.
I am leaning toward the opinion that Tillman needs the "Ubaldo Treatment" i.e. put him in the pen, give him extra coaching by Wallace and Chiti on his mechanics and command. I saw Tillman being interviewed after the game. I probably was imagining it, but he seemed almost close to tears, devastated by his bad performances. He needs help and I believe that he is worth it.

I think we need to score 0 runs until Tillman is taken out of the game. It seems like every single inning that we've scored when he's pitched he's turned around immediately and given it back (sometimes more) in the next half inning. Just don't score while he's in and we'll take a 0-0 game into the bullpen.

Archived