Chris Tillman Today 2015

Il BuonO

Just saw that Tillman is enjoying the fifth highest run support in MLB this year.

He could be the 2015 version of 1985 Dennis Martinez: 13-11, 5.15 ERA, 1.478 WHIP.

Hopefully, he's not suffering from the same problem that afflicted Dennis.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This site has him at #7.

Wasn't it back in 2012, when he was on the list of least supported run support pitchers?

Run support isn't sustainable. :P

As for your invisible site, I saw it on MLB channel this morning and didn't bother to check their work, so he could very well be seventh in all of MLB instead of fifth.

Run support isn't sustainable. :P

As for your invisible site, I saw it on MLB channel this morning and didn't bother to check their work, so he could very well be seventh in all of MLB instead of fifth.

LOL, sorry about that.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/mlb/stats/pitching-run-support-per-nine-innings-leaders/2015/

he was 17 & 18 back in 13 and 14.

You think the coaches are watching Tillman and his mechanics, trying to help figure out, why he isn't the same pitcher, he was?

Yep.

I also would think that they would be able to tell if the O's pitchers were tipping pitches and yet I keep hearing that they are.

If they ask Tillman if his back is bothering him, and he tells them no, what are they supposed to do?

Obviously I am just speculating here, I am not accusing Tillman of hiding an injury.

Yep.

I also would think that they would be able to tell if the O's pitchers were tipping pitches and yet I keep hearing that they are.

If they ask Tillman if his back is bothering him, and he tells them no, what are they supposed to do?

Obviously I am just speculating here, I am not accusing Tillman of hiding an injury.

I know, its very puzzling for sure.

You hear the rumors he is tipping his pitches, and you would have thought that if he was, they would have caught this and corrected this by now.

They have miles and miles of his delivery on tape, and its not hard for them to compare current to past, so again, if this was something like standing up straighter, or releasing the ball at a different spot, they would fix that.

Look at Ubaldo and they worked on his mechanics.

???

We are talking about regular season and Bud did go to the DL, when he picked up that bronchitis bug.

Bud was horrible in the spring and in the beginning of the year even before the bronchitis. He complained about the back but they did nothing, even with Gausman ready to join the rotation. I hope I am wrong but it seems like the team is letting these guys pitch hurt. I can't see any other explanation for how bad they have been.

Norris finally seems to be doing better but Tillman has been off all year. I would not be surprised if there is an injury. If the team doesn't know about it, maybe they should find out. These guys are not doing what's best for the team if they are not 100%.

Archived