Regretting Not Signing Andrew Miller?

Rene88

Weams you and I have had this discussion before and I respect your opinion.

But, I for one, loves the owners like Snyder and Mark Cuban, with a real fire and love for the game and the history of the franchise.

I think we could have a debate on if Angelos has the same type of love for the franchise.

You see Snyder and Cubans at their games, but most nights the owner suite is plain dark and closed up.

Why is that?

I dislike Mark Cuban more than Snyder. I am generally not one to collect billionaire trading cards.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was filthy as usual. Unhittable really. Compare that against Hunter and you see what money gets you (albeit a big amount of money).

I know Gina Geppi is going crazy on Facebook-ha ha. She LOVES Andrew Miller was quite upset we didn't sign him.

[video=youtube;Q3Kvu6Kgp88]

I dislike Mark Cuban more than Snyder. I am generally not one to collect billionaire trading cards.

Sorry, but IMO, they are owners that truly love their team and the franchise and traditions.

Some owners are business men, they see the team as a business ledger and worry about the bottom line.

Then, you have the real classless likes of Jerry Jones, playing fantasy football with their teams. There I go, probably ticked off some fans. LOL

Sorry, but IMO, they are owners that truly love their team and the franchise and traditions.

Some owners are business men, they see the team as a business ledger and worry about the bottom line.

Then, you have the real classless likes of Jerry Jones, playing fantasy football with their teams. There I go, probably ticked off some fans. LOL

Agreed.This team was a joke for many years. Bad Spring training facilities till MacPhail got them to Sarasota. Teams would not even play on the Orioles minor league ST field it was so bad. I remember when Connolly did his article on this. The only player who would talk was Jake Arrieta. Also,the minor leagues were a joke.The franchise seems to be run better now but they are still somewhat cheap.

I'd rather have Jerry Jones than Snyder. Jones has been somewhat competent making football decisions.

And I'm not advocating signing Davis and Weiters, I'm just saying the Yankees were cash starved and still managed to sign Miller. We can't afford big time free agents, I get that, but we could have afforded Miller to give us the best bullpen in the game once again[/quote

And all of this because the O's lost to the Yankees. It's just seven games in. And

no I was not for signing Miller for what he got. IMO

I posted this winter that Miller had the best stuff of any reliever in my 50 years watching the O's. Several posters disagreed with my assessment naming a litany of relievers who they thought had better stuff than Miller. Some posters said Tommy Hunter could fill that void. The question remains does ownership want to win a championship, or just have a competitive team that will draw enough fans to bring in revenue? If we have Miller we are probably 5-2 right now. It is a long season but we gave up a top prospect for Miller. Right now the bullpen is a major concern. DD spent the winter trying to leave town while the owner spent his time trying to prevent him from leaving. It is so frustrating being an O's fan and season ticket holder. I know some Angelo?s apologist will respond saying that we have the 11th payroll in baseball. But we were next to last on international spending, with the Yankees and Red Sox cleaning up on prospects. That is coupled with losing Cruz and Miller. I said all winter on here losing Miller was a killer. We had a small window to put a championship team on the field. Did ownership do everything they could to set us up to win a championship? I say no!!!!

Yea, many folks were saying this ALL OFFSEASON long, but were called "trolls," "gloom and doomers," and a ton of other unsavory names.

Yet, I bet my bottom dollar that Miller will shut us down repeatedly in 2015.

MSK

I like how everyone says the owner is cheap. I don't see any one on here trying to reach into their pocket to get money to try to buy the team. I am grateful for the owner. That being said it is a business. We don't have the privilege of seeing the books. He has to make money. I don't want money being over spent on some guy who thinks he is worth millions when you get it done cheaper. It was only one game.

I like how everyone says the owner is cheap. I don't see any one on here trying to reach into their pocket to get money to try to buy the team. I am grateful for the owner. That being said it is a business. We don't have the privilege of seeing the books. He has to make money. I don't want money being over spent on some guy who thinks he is worth millions when you get it done cheaper. It was only one game.

Every. Single. Game. Counts.

We had that win in our pockets until the grand slam.

You put Miller in instead of Hunter, we win that game.

I want the Orioles to win. It's that simple.

MSK

I had no idea that Andrew Miller was going to pitch against the Orioles when he signed for the Yankees. If I had known that then I would have given him ALL OF THE MONEY.

Even if you calculate prevention value into Miller's deal (i.e. the savings in terms of suffering and negative value that we WOULDN'T have to endure facing him in Yankees save situations in the four years of his contract with them) I'm still not sure that we were close enough to sign him.

Also as someone mentioned he would have preferred to close and we don't have a position open at closer.

I know, realization of that doesn't make it suck any less.

Archived