Baseball Prospectus Organizational Rankings

SHAWN555

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since I can't actually read it without paying for it, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the O's were listed as #15.

I'm thinking if we were #12, you would have said "in the top 12" ;-)

What's the O's part say?

I expect we are in the next two or three slots.

A lot of potential, IMO, to move up this list next year. We might graduate Olson, Liz and a reliever or two and possibly Riemold if he plays well, but there's a lot of guys who are legit break-out candidates like Rowell, Snyder and others. We'll also add a top five draft prospect.

That's a better ranking for the Cubs than others. Soto has really raised expectations dramatically in two years.

For those that aren't subscribers - this article lists teams that are ranked 16 - 30, and the Orioles aren't on it.

The top 15 rankings will probably come out Sunday or Monday.

The Cubs are ranked #16:

16. Chicago Cubs

Last Year's Ranking: 21

Why They're Up: The struggles of Donald Veal and the graduation of Felix Pie are both offset by Geovany Soto's breakout seasons and what is looking like a very strong 2007 draft.

Strengths: Solid offensive prospects at nearly every level, with Josh Vitters providing big-time potential. Despite disappointing 2007 performances, there are several power arms in the system.

Weaknesses: Very little pitching that is close to being ready to help; Soto's move to the majors leaves little else in the way of power.

Outlook for 2009 Ranking: Down a tad. Soto is now in the majors; Sean Gallagher and Eric Patterson could both be moving on or out as well.

Sorry guys my bad.

Didnt realize it was pay only.

They list teams 16-30 today and Orioles werent listed so they are in the top 15.

Tomorrows will have the top 15 listed and I will put parts of it here.

30 White sox

29 astros

28 mets

27 Tigers

26 Phillies

25 Giants

24 Jays

23 Mariners

22 royals

21 Marlins

20 Indians

19 Diamondbacks

18 Twins

17 Pirates

16 Cubs

Sorry guys my bad.

Didnt realize it was pay only.

They list teams 16-30 today and Orioles werent listed so they are in the top 15.

Tomorrows will have the top 15 listed and I will put parts of it here.

30 White sox

29 astros

28 mets

27 Tigers

26 Phillies

25 Giants

24 Jays

23 Mariners

22 royals

21 Marlins

20 Indians

19 Diamondbacks

18 Twins

17 Pirates

16 Cubs

Aren't there 32 MLB teams, I guess we could be 31 or 32.

I'm sorry, how are the orioles better than the Tigers with Miguel Cabrera? These people have lost all credibility that they may have ever had with me. The Tigers will likely win the AL Central, and the Indians are their best competition. There is no way, as optimistic as I'd like to be that the Orioles are a better team on paper than either one of those teams. Because, this is obviously on paper. I mean, who knows. The Orioles could have a mircale season...but, I seriously doubt it. But, there is no way that on paper they are better than most of, if any of those teams.

I'm sorry, how are the orioles better than the Tigers with Miguel Cabrera? These people have lost all credibility that they may have ever had with me. The Tigers will likely win the AL Central, and the Indians are their best competition. There is no way, as optimistic as I'd like to be that the Orioles are a better team on paper than either one of those teams. Because, this is obviously on paper. I mean, who knows. The Orioles could have a mircale season...but, I seriously doubt it. But, there is no way that on paper they are better than most of, if any of those teams.

These are rankings of minor league systems.

Archived