Update on Matt Wieters - Looking like June 4th Return

Redskins Rick

If and When Wieters is with the Orioles, he will start.

We know that he won't be here after this season (since that bridge has been burned years ago) so baring any injury he will be the starter and Caleb will be the back-up. Buck may decide to give him more days off or some games at DH.

I think Matt is one of Bucks guys. He's gread catcher and well respected in the club house. I really couldn't see Buck benching him or "limited" playing time.

I agree. Wieters value is as a catcher who can play good defense and hit. We have other guys who can DH as well or better.

I also think Buck has been basically running Joseph into the ground because he is assuming that Wieters will catch the majority of the games when he is back. He is trying to get as much as he can out of Joseph now because he knows he is going to get a big break when Wieters is back. If Buck was planning to rely on Joseph, Lavarnway would have more than 22 ABs by now. Lavarnway is not even playing day games after night games any more.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because Buck doesn't post here. I think Buck wants Wieters back in the worst way. I won't be surprised to see us make a serious bid for him, and I'm almost positive he'll get a QO even if he doesn't have a great season once he returns.

Buck loved Nicky too. ;)

Probably in Buck's heart he wants Wieters back. But in his head he know better. If Wieters shows he is healthy and can throw in the 2nd half than he will at least get Brian McCann money. 5/85. Buck knows that kind of money is not in the budget when Joseph is playing well enough to start 120 games.

I love Joseph. I don't want to even see Matt Wieters back. Slow rollers to second, here we come....

So for fun, let's assume everyone is back healthy after the All Star Break. Is this the assumption for everyday players?

C: Wieters

1B: Davis

2B: Schoop

SS: Hardy

3B: Manny

LF: Pearce (assuming he hits)

CF: Jones

RF: Delmon

DH: Pair a dees

Bench: Joseph, Flaherty, Snyder, and who?

Rotation: If Wright keeps pitching well and Gausman also enters the rotation, what do we do with 7 starting pitchers?

I'd love to get that starting lineup back for the first time this season, but if everyone comes back healthy, Buck and DD have some serious decisions to make.

So for fun, let's assume everyone is back healthy after the All Star Break. Is this the assumption for everyday players?

C: Wieters

1B: Davis

2B: Schoop

SS: Hardy

3B: Manny

LF: Pearce (assuming he hits)

CF: Jones

RF: Delmon

DH: Pair a dees

Rotation: If Wright keeps pitching well and Gausman also enters the rotation, what do we do with 7 starting pitchers?

I'd love to get that starting lineup back for the first time this season, but if everyone comes back healthy, Buck and DD have some serious decisions to make.

Wright was awesome, but it was one start.

Gausman has a lot to prove that he is healthy IMO.

Injuries happen, these things take care of themselves.

I will make this point. What do you think we could get for Chen at the deadline? Would it be more significant than the pick?

Wright was awesome, but it was one start.

Gausman has a lot to prove that he is healthy IMO.

Injuries happen, these things take care of themselves.

I will make this point. What do you think we could get for Chen at the deadline? Would it be more significant than the pick?

I expect us to be buyers at the deadline.

Unless I am forgetting somebody, the last guys are De Aza and Lough. If everyone is healthy, I would keep Lough for defense. De Aza just has not done enough with the bat to compensate for his defensive and baserunning lapses. I have the feeling he is playing now more to build up his trade value than anything else.

Wesley Wright replaces McFarland; McFarland optioned.

Gausman to AAA as a starter.

Garcia replaces Tyler Wilson.

Bud replaces Mike Wright (although I have a feeling Tillman may go to the DL instead).

Archived