Mike Wright Today, 2015

OFFNY

Any stats guys want to weigh in on this? ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Wright on end of his scoreless streak: "I just wanted to get a win. Wins are the most important stat and my favorite stat."</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Id call it solid for Wright, but far from "great".

Zero base on balls.

Increased first inning pitch count due to LaRoche being a solid hitter who usually runs the counts up.

Excellent strike to ball ratio.

A win.

I'd call that great for a rookie's 3rd major league start.

Any stats guys want to weigh in on this? ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Wright on end of his scoreless streak: "I just wanted to get a win. Wins are the most important stat and my favorite stat."</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm guessing if you asked for clarification he would stay team wins.

o

15 OUTS: 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Strikeouts, 4 Flyouts, 1 Popout

DENNIS MICHAEL WRIGHT O(vs. ASTROS, 6/02)

IP:. 5

H:;; 8 (2 Home Runs, 1 Double, 5 Singles)

R:l) 5

BB: 1 *

SO: 4

Pitches: 87 (53 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2015 ERA: 2.96

* Wright also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

61 (51 Strikes, 11 Balls)

24 (13 Strikes, 11 Balls)

30 (19 Strikes, 11 Balls)

17 (11 Strikes, 61 Balls)

10 (51 Strikes, 51 Balls)

Good on Wright to turn it around after 1 near disastrous inning and 1 disastrous inning. There's something to be said about getting ahead. He learned the hard way. Still more confident in him than Norris.
I agree. I was worried after that big inning. He looked nervous and a bit upset. But he settled down. He's learning things that rookie pitchers need to learn. He'll be OK and yes, I'd much rather have him in the rotation rather than Norris.

I agree. I was worried after that big inning. He looked nervous and a bit upset. But he settled down. He's learning things that rookie pitchers need to learn. He'll be OK and yes, I'd much rather have him in the rotation rather than Norris.

At least he's showing some emotion out there. He probably could stand to settle down a bit but with the way the team is playing right now, I welcome anyone with a little fire in them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived