We are cheap, proven

brianod

You're certainly fixated. That's for sure.

Out of curiousity, if everyone here suddenly concurred that we were indeed cheap or didn't care about winning or whatever, then what? What's next?

Then, we would all understand why the O's haven't had a winning season or playoff appearance in 17 years.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we should have eaten wasted years on the back end of a Cruz contract, according to you? But what is your response when those committed funds prevent us from making some other deal 3 years down the road? How doe that factor into caring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're certainly fixated. That's for sure.

Out of curiousity, if everyone here suddenly concurred that we were indeed cheap or didn't care about winning or whatever, then what? What's next?

Than, maybe, just maybe, we as fans should demand more. Don't make the mistake that this doesn't matter, it does.

So we should have eaten wasted years on the back end of a Cruz contract, according to you? But what is your response when those committed funds prevent us from making some other deal 3 years down the road? How doe that factor into caring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I offer no specifics on how we should have spent the money because I'm not pretending to be a GM. But, I guarantee you we would have been better if the budget would have been expanded and the profit decreased. Cruz and Miller were affordable by this organization had we made the decision to do that. I'm not advocating singing Sherzer or Pujols or Hamilton. All I'm saying is that we could of and should of done better.

LOL, you're hilarious. DD and PGA, I know you've gone to the play-offs 2 of the last 3 years but WE DEMAND MORE DAMMIT. That'll make all the difference. You and Nestor should band together.

Yes, that is my point. We could be better than we are and we should have spent more money to become better.

When EBW bought this team, there was widespread fear that it would be moved to Washington, much like the Bullets. The fans rose up and supported this team and saved it from that fate. This was after the Colts moved to Indy and before the Ravens came to town. Fan involvement certainly matters. Holding ownership accountable matters. I "wasted" my Friday evening because I care. I cared twenty years ago and I still care today

There isn't anything between blind agreement and fixating on the same argument that can't possibly be solved and/or changed? How about if we discussed the actual players or games or strategy decisions rather than discussing the same exact nonsense over and over? When I used to try to do that, it got either ignored or hijacked. Same thing happens to Frobby's threads all the time.

Well then that is not sports talk. Let's start a revolution to change the main board to "Orioles Faith". Then we can all post about how much we love the O's, rainbows and butterflies too.

How about the wild notion that winning = mo' money

Hit homers, be in the playoffs, be nationally relevant, have exciting players, attract fans, sell merch, raise ticket prices, win world series, have expectations, make money, matter, make your mid market bigger.

When EBW bought this team, there was widespread fear that it would be moved to Washington, much like the Bullets. The fans rose up and supported this team and saved it from that fate. This was after the Colts moved to Indy and before the Ravens came to town. Fan involvement certainly matters. Holding ownership accountable matters. I "wasted" my Friday evening because I care. I cared twenty years ago and I still care today

WAH!!!!!!! Let's all go online and vote for you as a write in candidate for that O's fan contest that happens during the all star break. #bestoriolesfanever

When EBW bought this team, there was widespread fear that it would be moved to Washington, much like the Bullets. The fans rose up and supported this team and saved it from that fate. This was after the Colts moved to Indy, and before the Ravens came to town. Fan involvement certainly matters. Holding ownership accountable matters. I "wasted" my Friday evening because I care. I cared twenty years ago and I still care today

Edward Bennett Williams bought the team in 1979. The Orioles subsequently set what was then a record for attendance for them at 1.681 Million (largely helped by the great 102-57 record that they had that season), and then broke it again the following season in 1980 at 1.797 Million (again, aided by another excellent season of 100-62.) The "The Birds are for Baltimore" campaign was right at that same time (1979 and 1980.)

The Colts didn't move to Indianapolis until March of 1984.

Did you even read what I wrote or is your reading comprehension just that bad?

Nah it's just boring. Let's forget about all the speculation moves that could have happened in November-February. That's a dead horse. Instead we need to just all need to root for our guys. Go to Delmarva with that mind frame.

You do care. And that is great. And you're a really good guy.

Thank you. I realize there are outliers. But if you look at some of the teams like Tampa, Minnesota, Kansas City and Milwaukee that spend a higher percentage of their profits then we do, it's pretty damning.

Thank you. I realize there are outliers. But if you look at some of the teams like Tampa, Minnesota, Kansas City and Milwaukee that spend a higher percentage of their profits then we do, it's pretty damning.

No. Not it is not. Especially when you have the Cardinals and Giants at the bottom. Your data doesn't show anything meaningful. Please move on. Data usually backs up a logical argument. And your data does not do that.

Archived