vs. ASTROS, 5/26

OFFNY

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't he just pitch 5 scoreless over two games? His ERA is like 1.5 below Hunter.

No he has not pitched five scoreless over two games. He pitched 2.2 scoreless. Probably could have gone three if he hadn't been caught cheating. Before that he was asked to bridge the starter in a rainout. It took him 30+ pitches to get through an inning and give up 2 runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to be the third loss in four games that should have been a win. The O's should have been on a six-game winning streak at the end of the game today. Instead they will be 3-3. This is a big turnaround in the standings, in just one week of baseball. The Orioles this year are just good enough to lose in teasing fashion.

I must admit I was busy and completely missed Sunday's game. But it was 5-2 and Miguel didn't pitch well. How can you count that as a he we should have won?

Didn't he just pitch 5 scoreless over two games? His ERA is like 1.5 below Hunter.
Don't let logic get in the way of a good lynching.

ERA is not a good indicator and Matusz is a reliever. You wonder why his ERA is so low? Look no further than his IS% 33 which is really bad. That means when guys are on base when Matusz enters the game they score at nearly double the rate of a good reliever.

As cheap as people say we are' date=' the one areas where we are spending too much money in is the bullpen. Gregg, JJ, Matsuz, Hunter. These are guys who took up too much resources relative to what they produce. Our bullpen should consist of cheap arms with options.[/quote']

I agree. No Miller this year and no O'Day next year. Might as well get that going this year...bring up Drake, Gamboa, Wright, Gausman when he is back, hope Garcia gets well and better, and get the cheaper arms going in the pen and rotation. Get rid of Matusz, Norris, trade Hunter, O'Day.... This will be more likely obviously if we fall out of contention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must admit I was busy and completely missed Sunday's game. But it was 5-2 and Miguel didn't pitch well. How can you count that as a he we should have won?

Because we're better than the Marlins which means we're supposed to beat them every time, duh. That's how baseball works /s

Roch wins tonight's Captain Obvious award

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> have scored 7 runs in their last 39 innings. Which isn't enough <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/analysis?src=hash">#analysis</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived