Who will be DL'd today?

wildcard

The O's need a long reliever for tonights game. All seven relievers were used yesterday.

Brach and Birtton have been used two days in a row and Drake pitched 28 pitches in one inning. I have to think Buck will want to stay away from them tonight.

Roe, Hunter, Matusz and O'Day can probably give the O's an inning tonight. But what if Gonzalez goes out early? What if there is an hour rain delay in the 2nd inning? Then what?

McFarland is lined up up to be recalled. The O's had him pitch one inning at Norfolk on May 26th just so he would be ready to be called up. But he has not stayed down 10 days yet.

Someone needs to go on the DL to make room for McFarland. Its doesn't need to be a pitcher. Who will it be?

(Roster note: Tyler Wilson was optioned after game one yesterday.)

Couldn't they just option Drake (I think he has an option)?

Yes, I believe you are right.

If Gonzo gets knocked out early, they could probably bring in tmw's SP and throw him a few innings in long relief and make roster adjustments after the game.

Ideally, you look for Gonzo to give you 7-8 strong innings.

We always have Crush available, he hasn't pitched in a while. :)

Bud Norris, welcome to your new role with the Orioles. Sorry about that contract year thingy.

While I dont know the guy personally, he strikes me as the type to be willing to do whatever was needed for the team, in spite of what his own personal opinion would be.

The O's have two spots on the 40 man roster open with DE Aza and Lavarnway being removed. They could promote Chris Jones who is tonight's Norfolk starter.

Davies pitched 4.1 innings on May 25th. 86 pitches. I doubt they will bring him back on short rest at age 22.

The O's have two spots on the 40 man roster open with DE Aza and Lavarnway being removed. They could promote Chris Jones who is tonight's Norfolk starter.

Davies pitched 4.1 innings on May 25th. 86 pitches. I doubt they will bring him back on short rest at age 22.

Steve Johnson, Cabral, Givens any of those guys.

He really wouldn't have any choice.

Of course, he wouldn't.

But, some guys are diva and cry on tweeter. Heck look at Adrian Peterson and that huge tweeter mess about his poor stinking contract, regardless that he got 13 million last year for during NOTHING.

I suspect Bud, would do it, without a single peep.

He just threw six innings, not sure, he would be available tonight for an inning or two.

Steve Johnson, Cabral, Givens any of those guys.

O's need a long man. That is not Cabral or Givens. Could be Johnson but he is out of options and would have to be waived to be sent down. I don't know if the O's want to do that.

Yes, I believe you are right.

If Gonzo gets knocked out early, they could probably bring in tmw's SP and throw him a few innings in long relief and make roster adjustments after the game.

Ideally, you look for Gonzo to give you 7-8 strong innings.

We always have Crush available, he hasn't pitched in a while. :)

Tomorrow's SP is Chen, and with his soreness, that isn't an option.

O's need a long man. That is not Cabral or Givens. Could be Johnson but he is out of options and would have to be waived to be sent down. I don't know if the O's want to do that.

It could be time for Steve Johnson to make his case as a long man in the pen. When Matusz is out, and we're down a pitcher, we will need someone who can go several innings vs. all hitters.

Archived