Hardy might be hurt

eddie83

This is exactly why the off season theory of wait till we're healthy next year is not a good one. You're always going to have injuries. We need Schoop back ASAP and for Hardy to not have a serious injury.

Schoop ain't coming back anytime real soon. Get a different plan.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is time to start planning for next season. Start resting Jones once or twice a week. Start auditioning players for 1st base and the corner outfield positions. And I've learned my lesson, no more signing free agents in their 30's!

So when is the DL news going to come out? An oblique injury is one of the worst a baseball player can have. Does Navarro come back up or do we go with just 2 true MI's in Cabrera and Flaherty, and bring up Reimold or Parmelee.

If Hardy goes to the DL I think we see Nolan or Parmelee up. Flaherty to short. Pearce to second. I have seen enough of Cabrera to not want to see him any more.

In the team chemistry thread (where'd that go anyway) I wanted to post that things that destroy team chemistry are .200 hitting backup shortstops who can't lay down a bunt (twice) that would have helped the team score a run last night. Or a bullpen arm blowing up what Ubaldo accomplished for 6+ innings. That's what kills the clubhouse. Cabrera needs to find a comfy spot on the bench and stay there until either Hardy or Schoop are back healthy.

If Hardy goes to the DL I think we see Nolan or Parmelee up. Flaherty to short. Pearce to second. I have seen enough of Cabrera to not want to see him any more.

In the team chemistry thread (where'd that go anyway) I wanted to post that things that destroy team chemistry are .200 hitting backup shortstops who can't lay down a bunt (twice) that would have helped the team score a run last night. Or a bullpen arm blowing up what Ubaldo accomplished for 6+ innings. That's what kills the clubhouse. Cabrera needs to find a comfy spot on the bench and stay there until either Hardy or Schoop are back healthy.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/147882-The-This-Team-IS-Done-We-are-Dumb-and-Nothing-can-Fix-it-MEGA-THREAD/page61

Maybe they can just operate? There has to be a surgery for an oblique pull right?

Or time. Time works. Like for Schoop and all the folks that want to rush him back from something that obviously takes a lot more time. Or surgery.

or time. Time works. Like for Schoop and all the folks that want to rush him back from something that obviously takes a lot more time. Or surgery.

So you are saying they should just shut him down for the year? You sure that is enough time? The team isn'tlikely to be good next season so they could just set him down until the 2017 season to be safe.

Maybe they can just operate? There has to be a surgery for an oblique pull right?

Is there a procedure to just remove the oblique? No oblique, no tear.

Or, better yet, they could be fat guys like me and never have to worry about tearing the oblique because it is well protected with insulation and padding. :D

Cabrera can't be blamed for his bunt on the suicide squeeze play last night. That pitch was well high and outside, normally a pitch he'd lay off but he had no choice but to try to hit it since the runner was coming. It was an impossible pitch to bunt well, and he did a good job just to get his bat on it and hit the ball into foul territory where it couldn't be caught.

Is there a procedure to just remove the oblique? No oblique, no tear.

Or, better yet, they could be fat guys like me and never have to worry about tearing the oblique because it is well protected with insulation and padding. :D

Good thing I am around to fix your ideas. Clearly we need to do both, operate on him and then sheath his oblique in a protective layer of donar fat.

So you are saying they should just shut him down for the year? You sure that is enough time? The team isn'tlikely to be good next season so they could just set him down until the 2017 season to be safe.

No. I am just saying he's not back In two weeks like everyone thinks.

They need to say he is healthy. Send him to the minors to work on something. Spend some time on the minor league DL and recoup the lost year of control. It looks like we'll need it. /sarcasm

Cabrera can't be blamed for his bunt on the suicide squeeze play last night. That pitch was well high and outside, normally a pitch he'd lay off but he had no choice but to try to hit it since the runner was coming. It was an impossible pitch to bunt well, and he did a good job just to get his bat on it and hit the ball into foul territory where it couldn't be caught.

And the other at bat earlier in the game with runners on 1st and 2nd with none out? Any excuses for that poor execution?

Archived