Dariel Alvarez is warming up

wildcard

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Home run Dariel Alvarez! His two-run shot in the first gives Norfolk a 3-0 lead and ties Alvarez for the IL lead with 11 homers this year!</p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="
">June 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OPS up to .757 on the season now.

Nice to see someone else jump on the Alvarez bandwagon. I think he is fun to follow.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any room for one more? Dude is on fire!

Per Corn's expert scouting, he think he isn't worthy evidently.

I said I would have promoted him over Reimold initially. Having said that, I also expected Reimold to be hurt by now so what do I know.

I really like Alvarez and was impressed with his range in RF when I saw him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope to be proven wrong, but count me among the skeptics. Not seeing enough command of the strike zone. Maybe he's a good enough hitter, with enough power and defense to overcome all that, but I suspect it'll be more of a Felix Pie situation.

Per Corn's expert scouting, he think he isn't worthy evidently.

I said I would have promoted him over Reimold initially. Having said that, I also expected Reimold to be hurt by now so what do I know.

I really like Alvarez and was impressed with his range in RF when I saw him.

No reason for the snark - it is fair to say someone with 6 BBs in 250 some at-bats will struggle to see good pitches in the ML.

I hope to be proven wrong, but count me among the skeptics. Not seeing enough command of the strike zone. Maybe he's a good enough hitter, with enough power and defense to overcome all that, but I suspect it'll be more of a Felix Pie situation.
No reason for the snark - it is fair to say someone with 6 BBs in 250 some at-bats will struggle to see good pitches in the ML.

Yeah, possible, but that kind of a walk rate would seem pretty hard to overcome.

You guys make it seem like his walk rate is static and that can't be improved.

Agree to disagree. I think Alvarez will help this team next year and perhaps even part of this year. We will see.

Agree to disagree. I think Alvarez will help this team next year and perhaps even part of this year. We will see.

Plate discipline numbers don't tend to improve much. You would think if they were going to improve we would have some evidence by now.

You tend to forgot Reimold is a proven ML caliber talented player, and one is a prospect and hasn't done it before.

This isn't a last place team that has already tossed in the "white" flag, and it trying out players for next season's roster.

Alvarez is now 38 for his last 104 (.365). He has 7 HR and 22 RBI in that period.

On the season his totals are:

273 AB, 11 HR, 38 RBI, 278/307/451/757. He is 2nd in the International League in Home Runs.

I'd like to see him stay at AAA a little longer. Since the O's have a roster crunch in the outfield that should not be a problem.

Alvarez is now 38 for his last 104 (.365). He has 7 HR and 22 RBI in that period.

On the season his totals are:

273 AB, 11 HR, 38 RBI, 278/307/451/757. He is 2nd in the International League in Home Runs.

I'd like to see him stay at AAA a little longer. Since the O's have a roster crunch in the outfield that should not be a problem.

I love to see him given a chance in Sept to play a little and then a chance to compete in ST for a job.

Alvarez went 2 for 5 last night. His averages on the year are up to 284/311/454/765. He has been hitting in the .350 range for over a month. If he keep this up he will at a .300 average and an 800 OPS in 2 to 3 weeks.

He is currently tied for third in the International League in homers with 11.

Alvarez went 2 for 5 last night. His averages on the year are up to 284/311/454/765. He has been hitting in the .350 range for over a month. If he keep this up he will at a .300 average and an 800 OPS in 2 to 3 weeks.

He is currently tied for third in the International League in homers with 11.

He's also made two errors this week -- now up to 6. I think he also has thrown out two runners on the bases in the last week or so. He sounds a little bit like a talented player who will wow you one minute and frustrate you the next. Puig lite?

He's also made two errors this week -- now up to 6. I think he also has thrown out two runners on the bases in the last week or so. He sounds a little bit like a talented player who will wow you one minute and frustrate you the next. Puig lite?

But man, that Parades and Snider are superb with the glove. Snider's arm from left field might get a blazin' David Ortiz:)

Jimmy P had no track record prior to this year which caused most to say he has no value since he has no position.

Let's be patient, he is a prospect. Prospects improve. So far, I like what I see. Good power, impressed with his range, needs to improve plate discipline. But he has a lot more potential than people are giving him credit for IMO.

Archived