You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

Meanwhile, 2 weeks ago you rated the Nationals as the 6th best team in the majors, in spite of the fact that they were 57-53 at the time, and had lost 7 out of their last 10 games.

You had the Nationals rated ahead of the Mets, the Pirates, the Cubs, the Giants, nd the Astros.

You asserted that the Nationals were a "sleeping giant" as the basis for your Nationals optimism:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/148734-MLB-Power-Rankings?highlight=Rankings

Since then, the "Sleeping Giant" has gone 4-8 in their last 12 games, and stand at 61-61 overall.

Your disdain for Orioles' fans optimism is in stark contrast with your love-fest for the Nationals, which is quite hypocritical.

I have explained I forgot the Mets on that list at least twice. It was a mistake.

Fair criticism but here is what I see: starting pitching that can go deep into a playoff run. I don't see that with the Orioles.

Agree, Nats are on fumes but still the light is on if they catch fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have explained I forgot the Mets on that list at least twice. It was a mistake.

Fair criticism but here is what I see: starting pitching that can go deep into a playoff run. I don't see that with the Orioles.

Agree, Nats are on fumes but still the light is on if they catch fire.

That's hardly the point, as you had the Nationals ahead of 3 other teams that are clearly better than them, and had the Nationals ranked nowhere near where they deserved to be.

You're a Nationals fanboy, and an Orioles antagonist ...... which can be quite annoying on an Orioles talk forum.

That's hardly the point, as you had the Nationals ahead of 3 other teams that are clearly better than them, and had the Nationals ranked nowhere near where they deserved to be.

You're a Nationals fanboy, and an Orioles antagonist ...... which can be quite annoying on an Orioles talk forum.

Call me all the names you want but that isn't true.

I grew up in Baltimore and my family still resides there. I'll always be an O's fan first.

I just am not a homer and call 'em as I see them, right or wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just incredibly annoying for someone to say you're a homer or drinking orange kool-aid for not giving up on a team that's 1 game out of the playoffs. It's simply not "realism" to say that that team has no chance of the playoffs. Honestly a lot of folks who want to declare the Orioles dead would not do so if they weren't fans of the team. I just get tired of fans trying to prove they're not homers.

We can all see they're not playing well and if they don't start playing better soon it will be over soon enough. There's no need to call the season over now.

Still have a chance. I think the division and thje 1st WC are a pipe dream. Angles,Astros and Rangers play each other many times over the next few weeks. Angels got pounded by the jays at home. I looked up at the scoreboard it was 5-1 Angels. Looked again it was tied and then the Jays took off. Looks like the second wild card will be an average team. Looked like the Rays and Twins were finished but they are both in it again. Probably every week it will look like one team is finished and one team is starting to pull away.

What I hate to see is O's fans attacking each other, trying to say that X is actually a Nats' fan or that Y is a homer. Whatever.

This year's team has been incredibly frustrating. I hope that the O's fans here at OH don't end up going for each others' throats as the season progresses and ends.

What I hate to see is O's fans attacking each other, trying to say that X is actually a Nats' fan or that Y is a homer. Whatever.

This year's team has been incredibly frustrating. I hope that the O's fans here at OH don't end up going for each others' throats as the season progresses and ends.

It's true, I've observed an awful lot of it the last couple months. Other boards, it's more frequent, so I chalk it up as a "normal" thing.

2.5 games out. Still in it.

It doesn't matter really IMO. This team isn't a bad team, it's just a team that's not as good as the teams of the past few years.

The right thing to do was sell at the deadline. Parra was a nice addition to a team with too many holes. We didn't have the chips to do what needed to be done to get us deep in the playoffs. Even if we make it we are likely eliminated quickly. The roster has too many flaws. The smart but unpopular move would've been to get something for the guys who are leaving at seasons end. The Os would've benefitted over the short term compared to the comp picks that will take years to develop by a team that is not very good at developing players.

It doesn't matter really IMO. This team isn't a bad team, it's just a team that's not as good as the teams of the past few years.

The right thing to do was sell at the deadline. Parra was a nice addition to a team with too many holes. We didn't have the chips to do what needed to be done to get us deep in the playoffs. Even if we make it we are likely eliminated quickly. The roster has too many flaws. The smart but unpopular move would've been to get something for the guys who are leaving at seasons end. The Os would've benefitted over the short term compared to the comp picks that will take years to develop by a team that is not very good at developing players.

I think this is spot on. I would suggest, however, that we're not that bad at developing all players...just pitchers.

Archived